UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ... Real Madrid v Liverpool ... ** Spoilers ** [26th May 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
The amount of hate online this morning about Liverpool completing shunning Karius after the final whistle, not at all surprising.

Singing YNWA and all the fans and players completely ignoring him, kind of ironic singing that then...

Soldato
Ramps is and always will be dirty, as much as game changed from then Lallana was utterly useless when coming on, I think his Liverpool days are done tbh

Associate
Saw the game in a pub on my way home from Twickenham and some thoughts.

The Ramos/Salah incident, Ramos is indeed holding Salah's right arm, but Salah is also having his arm across Ramos. And after all it is Salah's left shoulder that gets injured. Pretty sure Ramos didn't intend to injure Salah.

About the first Karius blooper. I think he (and a lot of others) were expecting Benzema to be called off for offside, even though they should know that a player shouldn't be called offside until they actually play the ball. And as Karius has the ball under control in his hands it is deemed as a new situation and Benzema is free to play on.

What a smashing goal of Bale.

And for the last blooper by Karius, my bro who used to be a very low-level goalkeeper thought it looked like Karius did get somewhere in the middle of "box the ball away" and "i'll catch that one" and therefor messed it all up.

Don
The amount of hate online this morning about Liverpool completing shunning Karius after the final whistle, not at all surprising.

Singing YNWA and all the fans and players completely ignoring him, kind of ironic singing that then...
Fans shunned him? When he went to the fans after the game they clapped him :confused:

The amount of online hate for made up things shouldn't be surprising.

Don
Have you not seen your “fans” on social media?
LOL :D

Yes and give me 30 seconds and I'll find you Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea supporters on Twitter wishing death on players of their club for missing a pass. Like the idiototic comments you'll have seen, 99.999% of these 'supporters' have never been to a game and aren't a fair representation of supporters of their clubs. Or can I group you in with the tiny section of Utd supporters that make sick comments regarding Hillsborough on Twitter too?

Soldato
LOL :D

Yes and give me 30 seconds and I'll find you Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea supporters on Twitter wishing death on players of their club for missing a pass. Like the idiototic comments you'll have seen, 99.999% of these 'supporters' have never been to a game and aren't a fair representation of supporters of their clubs. Or can I group you in with the tiny section of Utd supporters that make sick comments regarding Hillsborough on Twitter too?

even bigger problem is that it still happens in stadia when the technology exists to root the idiots out (Hillsborough / Munich ) , I would like to give these idiots one chance to redeem themselves, on the other hand I say ban them instantly.

Still happening every big game, and should have been stopped by now

Associate
Last night just goes a long way to showing the influence of Salah and how reliant Liverpool are on one player.

For all the talk about their 'deadly front three', they're bang average without him.

Don
Last night just goes a long way to showing the influence of Salah and how reliant Liverpool are on one player.

For all the talk about their 'deadly front three', they're bang average without him.
You realise he wasn't at the club last year and we ended up with more points than this season?

Soldato
I think in some ways it is similar to Giggs or Xavi. Great players but the talent of Scholes and Messi provided them with space he would not have otherwise had. Salah does that for Firmino in particular.

For me Ramos knew what he was doing. If there is one player in world football who categorically does not deserve the benefit of doubt it is him. Massive shame for the game, Liverpool and the player as after his season he deserved the platform to show his talent last night and at the world cup.

Caporegime
lol the amount of retarded nonsense being spouted around the Karius situation is funny given the video footage showing the opposite

Caporegime
lol the amount of retarded nonsense being spouted around the Karius situation is funny given the video footage showing the opposite

Blame one of your own Lawrenson who was in the stadium and probably a good view point of how long he was 'left'??.........

I feel sorry for Loris Karius, because he will be absolutely heartbroken after his nightmare display in the Champions League final - but I don't see any way back for him at Liverpool now.

Karius had an awful night and it was horrible to watch the Reds goalkeeper completely alone in his penalty area at the end of the game. The Real Madrid players were the first to console him, followed by a member of the Liverpool coaching staff.

I know from experience that when you lose a big game as a player, you sometimes need a few minutes to collect your thoughts, and those are times you are really just thinking about yourself.

But surely one of his team-mates could have gone over, put their arm round him and given him a big hug - even if they did not know what to say.

I am sure they did that back in the dressing room, once they got over their disappointment, and his manager will have a quiet word and support him too.

Soldato
From a neutral spurs fan I thought it was a match that had everything

When Liverpool got one back I thought that would really push them in but on come Gareth Bale and what a player he still is, I still feel privileged to have seen him play quite a few times at the lane.

Anyhow the keeper was shocking but it can happen. It’s a team sport but two big individual errors which will ruin his career for a good few years let alone his mentality

Football won last night

Caporegime

This I think could be Klopps undoing. There were people even on here upset with Klopp before they went on this cup run with how they played in the league. They got top 4 because Chelsea imploded in the usual fashion after a good season. If Chelsea were remotely like last years Chelsea, liverpool would have been 5th. Cups are Liverpools best chance and they did an amazing job this year in the CL but if Chelsea get their act together I don't see Liverpool making top 4 next year. They will continue as ever to beat Man City and lose to a Fulham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom