UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ... Real Madrid v Liverpool ... ** Spoilers ** [26th May 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
You realise he wasn't at the club last year and we ended up with more points than this season?

Irrelevant. Watched it with my own eyes last night - the game turned on its head the minute he went off.

Madrid's game plan instantly switched to commit more going forward. They weren't bothered about leaving gaps at the back because the threat was gone.

Man of Honour
LOL :D

Yes and give me 30 seconds and I'll find you Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea supporters on Twitter wishing death on players of their club for missing a pass. Like the idiototic comments you'll have seen, 99.999% of these 'supporters' have never been to a game and aren't a fair representation of supporters of their clubs. Or can I group you in with the tiny section of Utd supporters that make sick comments regarding Hillsborough on Twitter too?

I'm revelling in this moment of turmoil for Liverpool, don't ruin it for me with your rational thoughts :mad:

Associate
I'm going to do my best to not be one of those rarely posting people who chimes in to gloat at Liverpool's loss so will add this:

I still remember how in probably Man Utd's most recent final loss to Barcelona, that Valencia had one of the single most inept, useless performances I have ever seen, going a long way to costing us the game. Even in his autobiography SAF mentioned how Valencia simply blew it for us and I wanted us to sell him immediately after. Years on the guy has been our captain many times. You just never know things will pan out.
What imIsayiI'm is, there is still a chance that keeper will redeem himself if given time.

Man of Honour
I'm going to do my best to not be one of those rarely posting people who chimes in to gloat at Liverpool's loss so will add this:

I still remember how in probably Man Utd's most recent final loss to Barcelona, that Valencia had one of the single most inept, useless performances I have ever seen, going a long way to costing us the game. Even in his autobiography SAF mentioned how Valencia simply blew it for us and I wanted us to sell him immediately after. Years on the guy has been our captain many times. You just never know things will pan out.
What imIsayiI'm is, there is still a chance that keeper will redeem himself if given time.

There is, definitely the chance that he can come back from this, he is after all only 24, very young for a keeper. However, I dont think that Liverpool is going to be the place for him to start his recovery. I think he needs some time at a club thats a little less in the limelight where he can gather himself and build himself up again (almost like Salah did when he went to Roma after his time at Chelsea), I dont know if that means him being sold (with a first option to buy back for Liverpool in the deal maybe) or whether it means him going out on loan for a bit, but I think it would be a mistake for him (both for club and him personally) to continue in the number 1 position currently.

Caporegime
This I think could be Klopps undoing. There were people even on here upset with Klopp before they went on this cup run with how they played in the league. They got top 4 because Chelsea imploded in the usual fashion after a good season. If Chelsea were remotely like last years Chelsea, liverpool would have been 5th. Cups are Liverpools best chance and they did an amazing job this year in the CL but if Chelsea get their act together I don't see Liverpool making top 4 next year. They will continue as ever to beat Man City and lose to a Fulham.

Is this just another wind-up post? I can't tell as I feel most out there (although possibly not in here) would say the complete opposite to you.

You can always say "what if" to place teams where you'd like to see them every season. eg If Liverpool hadn't of lost or drew to a few of the lesser teams etc and to be fair, if ManU and Spurs had one player out (De Gea and Kane) they'd likely see quite a different points tally too.

Regarding Klopp I feel it's all there to be seen to be honest. Bringing in a relatively small amount of players, most of whom have been very good indeed - some of which were not being played or seen to be fit for purpose at their clubs, who then show how good they can be under Klopp and are now worth silly money in some cases as a consequence. Getting a grip on all of Rodgers loan players out there and getting decent money from players sold - most of whom have looked very average or frankly bad since leaving. Add to this that he's brought back a real pulse to the place, part of which has been his interaction with the players and the youth setup too - some of whom are and indeed have been showing genuine promise. Oh and with Coutinho's leaving what happened to the predicted meltdown everyone was jumping up and down about? And although obviously not the absolute pinnacle of things, being second in Europe, having beaten some good teams along the way with good displays too only serves to bolster the club on a financial level and as a genuine prospect for more talent or already very good players. Finally, with only one or two areas on the pitch to finally address I honestly can't see what you're saying at all sorry.

*Lol - I see it was a wind-up going on your post above.

Caporegime
Lovely picture of Ramos behind Salah with his tongue out on Twitter. He may or may not have intentionally tried to injure him but the fact he found it funny enough to mock him as he walked off speaks volumes about the scum.

Soldato
I'm a Liverpool fan and I don't think Ramos did anything wrong. It was just a tussle and each had their arms around the other. Ramos was clearly worried about Salah, but that was just a clash.

As for Karius, I'm calmer with a night's sleep behind me. I feel for him - he'll be haunted by that for years and frankly some of the vitriol towards a fellow human makes me ashamed - why does football turn people into monsters? Hopefully he comes back stronger, and he's been good this season, some of his saves got us to the final, and he deserves another chance if he can recover. We do need a stronger keeper, and I'm not convinced Karius can be that, but Klopp is the type to put his arm around someone rather than isolate them off of the back of one game (admittedly a terrible, high profile game). Ultimately Klopp sees the man in training and knows him better than any of us, so hopefully he'll make the right call.

On another night we might have done something, but it wasn't to be. Salah going off changed the game at a point where Real were starting get a foothold but Liverpool would still have been a threat - as well as the mental setback, with a powder-puff Lallana coming on we lost all that (not blaming Lallana, it's not his role and he's had a terrible run of injuries and looked well short of any form in his sporadic appearances).

There's a lot to be hopeful for. Unlike in 2005 and 2007 when we got to the final on shear determination, this time we've done it through good organisation and an exciting if sometimes inconsistent team. A bit more strength here and there and the odd signing could make Champions League runs a regular thing for a few years, and without having the financial clout of some others, that would be fine by me. I think unlike then, this team is a one players would want to play in, and hopefully that will persuade a few potential signings that might otherwise not be interested.

Soldato
He was just holding on so he wouldn't get away. Happens every game. Don't think he intended to injure him.

Most reds in La Liga history and he elbowed him before the foul. That coupled with that rediculous face he pulled straight after and him elbowing Karius later on suggests to me he meant to injure him.

Associate
they were both holding each other. was unlucky that they didnt release each other until they hit the deck.

as for karius, where was the defence and midfield for both bale goals? they hold equally the same responsibility not doing there job in getting back and closing down

Soldato
they were both holding each other. was unlucky that they didnt release each other until they hit the deck.

as for karius, where was the defence and midfield for both bale goals? they hold equally the same responsibility not doing there job in getting back and closing down

I mean, in the 83rd minute you're probably not unhappy when the opposition shoots from 35 yards...

Associate
He was just holding on so he wouldn't get away. Happens every game. Don't think he intended to injure him.
No one has issues with the holding, that's fine. It's that Salah gets the best of him and is getting away so Ramos drags him to the ground which is the foul. He probably didn't mean to injure him so severely but he's commiting a cheap foul trying rough him up and wasnt just pure accident.

Don
Irrelevant. Watched it with my own eyes last night - the game turned on its head the minute he went off.

Madrid's game plan instantly switched to commit more going forward. They weren't bothered about leaving gaps at the back because the threat was gone.
The game did change after he went off but Real didn't commit any more men foward after he went off. Our confidence to press high up the pitch seemed to drop and we allowed Real to get out more than we were but the likes of Marcele for instance was still trying to bomb forward when Salah was on the pitch.. To say the rest of our side is average based on a little over half a football match is simply nonsense though.

Soldato
No one has issues with the holding, that's fine. It's that Salah gets the best of him and is getting away so Ramos drags him to the ground which is the foul. He probably didn't mean to injure him so severely but he's commiting a cheap foul trying rough him up and wasnt just pure accident.
It's a joke and happens to every player who shows a glimpse of being a threat. Jack Grealish against Hull a few seasons ago is a prime example. Sure it's physical sport, but "roughing' players up with no regard for injuring the player (sometimes being the game plan) needs to be clamped down on imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom