Summer Transfer Thread 2018

Don
Pleasantly surprised to see us signing a quality defensive midfielder. The Fekir links really made me wonder whether we were going to bolster our attacking midfield options to free up Wijnaldum and Keita to cover Henderson. With Fabinho and Keita already in the bag and Fekir* likely to arrive soon, our midfield options suddenly look a match for anybody in the league.

*Assuming we do indeed get him, it looks like he may be used in the front 3 more than I initally thought.

Man of Honour
Liverpool are not being shy with their ambitions, looking like a squad that's going to challenge next season.

A bit gutted to see a young Brazilian DM available for an affordable price and not see our name in the mix. I hope our management don't see Xhaka and Elneny as good enough.

Caporegime
Gonna be honest have never seen him (or really noticed) but nice that we're making 'big' moves early and without much fuss.

Soldato
Really hope we don't get Bale, Jose can't even get the best out of what we already have, what use is Bale? He's aging, going to cost a shed load and is injury prone.

If we get rid of Martial and replace with Bale I'll be disappointed.

Don
The best thing about the Fabinho signing is that lunatic off the United Stand put out a video the other day hyping Fabinho up, convinced Utd were after him! This guy should be getting as many views as ArsenalFanTV.

fez

fez

Caporegime
United have been linked to Fabinho for the last few years and by all accounts hes decent. Not world class but very good at DM and he can play right back pretty well. Good signing for Liverpool. If Keita hits the ground running and Liverpool sign Fekir they should be challenging next year.

Soldato
I'd still take mahrez by all accounts as he is a good fill in and could play where mane/salah play if they need rest/injured.

Our striker situation is hard to solve as firmino does so much more than just be a striker and score goals

Soldato
The best thing about the Fabinho signing is that lunatic off the United Stand put out a video the other day hyping Fabinho up, convinced Utd were after him! This guy should be getting as many views as ArsenalFanTV.
That and it's finally a proper DM to replace mascherano only taken years!

Caporegime
Next year might just be their year.

In all seriousness they not hanging about making the most of their raised profile and getting signings done. Has anyone done as well as them in recent years bringing in players at a price that then tripled or more?

Back
Top Bottom