Has anyone tried haggling with three?

Associate
Hey all, basically I've been a three SIM only contract customer for years now. I'm out of contract now and looking at going with a SIM and handset contract this time. Has anyone in this situation tried giving them a buzz and haggling them down? I'm going to try tomorrow but not sure if I will be wasting my time.

Associate
A couple of weeks/months ago there was a few posts at HUKD about getting better deals.
I phoned Three CS and mentioned the deals at HUKD. They basically said the deals and website were fake/didn't exist and would only give me more expensive packages.
So I used the Chat feature in the Three app. I mentioned the deals and site again and they offered me cheaper deals.

Soldato
Having been on a Three sim contract for a while myself they regularly ring me and talk me through their deals. They did again yesterday and because I happened to be looking for a new deal this time I picked up a Galaxy S9 with no upfront cost on 12gb data, unlimited everything else, go binge and free Netflix for a year (saving me 7.99 a month). They dropped the price a couple of times after I said no and removed the upfront cost of £79 and ended up agreeing to £44 per month, so it is worth persisting with them. There are some cheaper deals out there on other networks but not giving me things I actually use like Netflix.

Soldato
I always haggle with 3 . . . although they don't call me up anymore as they know I am a low value customer! . . . I always have to ring them once my contract has expired! :D

What always works for me is to find a better deal elsewhere that you would genuinely switch too, then you contact three and ask them to cancel your service and supply you a PAC code because you found a better deal elsewhere . . . they take all your info and then someone calls you back to let you know your a valued customer and they would like to make you an offer to keep you in the fold . . .

Associate
OP
I got in touch with Three today and they weren't budging on their prices listed on the website. The agent wasn't budging at all. When it got to the end and I said I was going to look at other deals she said she'd discount a more expensive plan but still wasn't shifting on the one I wanted. I'll wait and see if they get in touch / do more shopping about.

Caporegime
HotUKDeals is usually a good place to see what others are being offered.

I got 12GB/unlimited minutes and texts for £12 a month with £50 cash back a few months back which looked pretty decent. Three’s feel at home is invaluable to me too.

Soldato
I've never had to haggle to be honest as they don't always appear to be the sharpest tools in the box!

The last time I called it was to see of they would match a deal for 8gb of data (plus calls and texts etc) for £12 a month on a rolling monthly basis - they said there was no way they could do that but went off to see what they could do and came back with 12gb of data for a tenner a month! :D

Soldato
im paying £13 a month for 30gb ( contract just ended ) they tried to offer me 12gb for £15 -_- as someone said not the sharpest tools in the box, i've just my £13 30gb rolling, will be moving to EE for better speeds and coverage

Back
Top Bottom