Is it worth it to OC RAM?

Associate
Hi guys, I was thinking of boosting my 3000mhz Corsair Ram to maybe 3200 or higher if it can. Do you think it'll be worth it to do so?

Associate
The RAM controller is on the CPU die - generally you'll get better performance sacrificing a RAM overclock for a CPU overclock instead.

There's only so much power the CPU can take in & heat it can generate before it gets unstable.

Soldato
There's only so much power the CPU can take in & heat it can generate before it gets unstable.

Ey? CPU power draw with over clocked ram?? More like speed and timings causing instability mainly.

Hi guys, I was thinking of boosting my 3000mhz Corsair Ram to maybe 3200 or higher if it can. Do you think it'll be worth it to do so?

Very minimal difference in normal applications with that small step. Larger differences on Ryzen, it’s quite straightforward to give memory clocks a go though if you have maximised your CPU clock. Confirming real stability on RAM requires VERY long test runs so you may find you literally cba ;)

Associate
Very minimal difference in normal applications with that small step. Larger differences on Ryzen, it’s quite straightforward to give memory clocks a go though if you have maximised your CPU clock. Confirming real stability on RAM requires VERY long test runs so you may find you literally cba ;)

This

Back
Top Bottom