Zidane quits Real..... who's going to the Bernabéu??

Soldato
Zindane the best seriously..... Please remember the team he had around him and his league position this year!

ONE of the best - 1 La Liga title and 3 Champions League trophies in 3 years - many managers have tried and failed at RM where he has, for the most part, succeeded!

Yes he's had a great team around him but you can't deny that he's leaving with a huge tick next to his name as a manager!

Permabanned
It's impossible to say that until we see what happens with him next really. As you say he's got the best squad in the world.

Not exactly. Don't forget the help of the referee, the help of the goalkeeper, and those games against Tottenham which they actually lost.

Caporegime
According to Sky sports, it seems they have approached Poch at Spurs.

Be interesting to see if he jumps ship and goes to Real.
As much as I’d like to see Wenger at RM, it would undoubtedly be better for us if Poch left Spurs for the job. Could see Spurs struggling badly after Poch, particularly if he takes Kane and maybe Ericsson with him, which is a big possibility.

Soldato
According to Sky sports, it seems they have approached Poch at Spurs.

Be interesting to see if he jumps ship and goes to Real.
Certainly worth keeping an eye on because even though he has just signed a contract extension it would be a hell of a statement to turn them down 'if' the do come calling.

Caporegime
ONE of the best - 1 La Liga title and 3 Champions League trophies in 3 years - many managers have tried and failed at RM where he has, for the most part, succeeded!

Yes he's had a great team around him but you can't deny that he's leaving with a huge tick next to his name as a manager!

Did Matteo won a champions league and Avram Grant got into the final. There are so many variables to the champions league that judging a manager on that alone isn't the best. I am in no way saying he is a bad manager but would like to see what he does at another club before putting him in "one of the best" category.

Soldato
As much as I’d like to see Wenger at RM, it would undoubtedly be better for us if Poch left Spurs for the job. Could see Spurs struggling badly after Poch, particularly if he takes Kane and maybe Ericsson with him, which is a big possibility.

Agreed. It would certainly be a big setback for spurs. I'm sure they'd get a reasonable replacement, but it would be very disruptive to what is a fairly settled squad.

Caporegime
Had Zidane?

To manage real you need a massive ego. Zidane is a legend and will go down as one of the top 10 footballers of all time. Won everything for club and country. Players look up to that and then listen to you. That was the strength of someone like Ferguson. He had the reputation that players would follow. Poch doesn't have that but doesn't need it at Spurs either as none of his players are super stars (Yes even Hurricane).

Soldato
Did Matteo won a champions league and Avram Grant got into the final. There are so many variables to the champions league that judging a manager on that alone isn't the best. I am in no way saying he is a bad manager but would like to see what he does at another club before putting him in "one of the best" category.

There is a big difference between one CL title and 3 though - yes you can argue that winning the league is harder as it requires more games but the CL has more than 2 or 3 world class teams and in the knock out format you are just as likely to have the decisions go against you as you are for you!

It's an incredible achievement in my opinion and Zidane does deserve a lot of credit - but yes, put him in charge of West Brom and something tells me that he ain't winning the Premier League!

He's not the best manager out there - for that to be true he needs to achieve success where it wasn't there before - all I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised for him to walk into another "big" job based solely on what he has accomplished with Real!

Juve in a season or two anyone??

Caporegime
Don’t know why anyone who wants to build a team or have longer than 12 months at a club would ever go there. Even if you win the CL you can be sacked if you are not in the running for the league and vice versa.

How many managers have they had in the last 15 years, Pochettino would last 18 months if he was lucky. Ronaldo is past his prime and they are going to have a real issue cutting him loose.

Caporegime
The average age of the squad is around 30, maybe even higher. Its a major rebuilding process for the next manager, or the one after that which will cost millions. They can't sign just anyone, they need to be players at the top of their game. James Rodriguez was a good buy and they'll likely have him back if have thought. He's young enough but in the next 5 years most of the first team will be very different.

Back
Top Bottom