Zidane quits Real..... who's going to the Bernabéu??

Caporegime
It will be interesting to see which club he goes to next. I assume he will be another Guardiola in that he will only go to safe clubs where he can outspend the rest of the league and have an easy ride.
AFAIK he didn't spend anything at Madrid? Good job too as they'll need 6-7 players minimum in the next 2-3 years.

fez

fez

Caporegime
AFAIK he didn't spend anything at Madrid? Good job too as they'll need 6-7 players minimum in the next 2-3 years.

Would you buy many players if you took over their squad.

Out of their first XI/main players who would you replace and with who?

Ronaldo - One of the best players ever and bangs in goals for fun
Bale - Left on the bench through injuries / the quality of the RM team is so high he isn't an instant pic but still world class
Ramos - One of the best defenders ever, talismanic and vital to the team, massive ****
Marcelo - Probably the best LB ever in my opinion. I don't think I have ever seen him play poorly and he is brilliant defensively and going forwards. Always running until the end of the game
Benzema - Could be replaced with more quality but by all accounts Ronaldo thinks he is vital to the way they play and sets up the rest of the team to excel.
Isco - Fantastic midfielder, can't think of too many that would be a significant upgrade
Modric - Makes the whole team tick, brilliant player.
Kroos - Solid midfielder who does quite a lot of the grunt work and allows the rest of the team to play with more freedom
Varane - Very good defender, works well for them and defenders are always a bit of a mystery. Ask City how hard it is to find top class defenders.
Navas - Very good keeper. There are better out there but doesn't cost them many games and barring DDG there aren't really many keepers that would improve on him and not cost the earth.
Asensio - Top young player who looks like he could be a future star.

Genuinely the RM team of the past 3 years has been super stable and the best set of players in the world. I can't think of any team with a stronger squad man for man.

Associate

Ronaldo - One of the best players ever and bangs in goals for fun
Bale - Left on the bench through injuries / the quality of the RM team is so high he isn't an instant pic but still world class
Ramos - One of the best defenders ever, talismanic and vital to the team, massive ****
Marcelo - Probably the best LB ever in my opinion. I don't think I have ever seen him play poorly and he is brilliant defensively and going forwards. Always running until the end of the game
Benzema - Could be replaced with more quality but by all accounts Ronaldo thinks he is vital to the way they play and sets up the rest of the team to excel.
Isco - Fantastic midfielder, can't think of too many that would be a significant upgrade
Modric - Makes the whole team tick, brilliant player.
Kroos - Solid midfielder who does quite a lot of the grunt work and allows the rest of the team to play with more freedom
Varane - Very good defender, works well for them and defenders are always a bit of a mystery. Ask City how hard it is to find top class defenders.
Navas - Very good keeper. There are better out there but doesn't cost them many games and barring DDG there aren't really many keepers that would improve on him and not cost the earth.
Asensio - Top young player who looks like he could be a future star.

Genuinely the RM team of the past 3 years has been super stable and the best set of players in the world. I can't think of any team with a stronger squad man for man.

Most of the top tier players you mentioned are the wrong side of 30, so it is not unreasonable to say that they will need 6 or 7 players over the next 2-3 years.

Permabanned
Only players in that list that would get in the RM first XI are KDB and a fit Aguero

Lol. KDB and maybe at a push Aguero but he is where the term glass cannon came from.

Everyone is free to express their opinions. But it is a fact that most of this season, Man City were said to be the favourites for four titles - Premier League, Champions League, and the other two smaller trophies in England.

Caporegime

Ronaldo - One of the best players ever and bangs in goals for fun (33 years old)
Bale - Left on the bench through injuries / the quality of the RM team is so high he isn't an instant pic but still world class (28)
Ramos - One of the best defenders ever, talismanic and vital to the team, massive **** (Agreed, also 32)
Marcelo - Probably the best LB ever in my opinion. I don't think I have ever seen him play poorly and he is brilliant defensively and going forwards. Always running until the end of the game (30)
Benzema - Could be replaced with more quality but by all accounts Ronaldo thinks he is vital to the way they play and sets up the rest of the team to excel. (30)
Isco - Fantastic midfielder, can't think of too many that would be a significant upgrade (26)
Modric - Makes the whole team tick, brilliant player. (32)
Kroos - Solid midfielder who does quite a lot of the grunt work and allows the rest of the team to play with more freedom (28)
Varane - Very good defender, works well for them and defenders are always a bit of a mystery. Ask City how hard it is to find top class defenders. (25)
Navas - Very good keeper. There are better out there but doesn't cost them many games and barring DDG there aren't really many keepers that would improve on him and not cost the earth. (31)
Asensio - Top young player who looks like he could be a future star. (22)

Realistically the only players that would be holding down starting spots for the 2021-2022 season would be Bale, Isco, perhaps Kroos (Although I suspect he'll be back in Germany by then), Varane and Asensio.

Soldato
Everyone is free to express their opinions. But it is a fact that most of this season, Man City were said to be the favourites for four titles - Premier League, Champions League, and the other two smaller trophies in England.

City were good this year, but at no point were they ever favourites for the CL

Back
Top Bottom