LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

TJM

TJM

Associate
Absolutely. There's no competition between the old and new models because of the already huge price difference and the old model is still selling at its current price. Why would they reduce it?

People who hang on to save another £100 or so won't see the current price levels again until the newest model is at the end of its life. Better to pay the money now and have use of an OLED for an extra year if you can afford it.

Caporegime
Down another £50 to £1,350 with promo code WC10. I managed to get them to refund the difference as I only purchased two weeks ago.

seems to be the one to go for. the 65" is £1000 more expensive. which IMO isn't worth paying nearly double for an extra 10".

sorely tempted. however i'll give it another year or two before i go OLED. need more competition in the OLED market plus in 2020 there is new factories coming online iirc.

Soldato
It will be something new by then haha ;)

Personally, it's by far the best TV I have ever owned and I am glad I got one on the Black Friday deals when they were about.

Soldato
The one I got from the last bank holiday sales has lip sync issues, no matter what I did to it. Arrived less than 2 weeks ago so it's going back for full refund. Will probably jump on this!

Caporegime
I too managed to get one of these at the bank holiday sales. Richer sounds 10 % off and at £1500 made it £1350 about as cheap as it's been all year. Very happy with it. There are so many websites and forum threads with different settings, can anybody recommend any here especially for xbox use ? I'm finding the reds a touch too pink but I think I may need the expert mode to tweak it. But everything I've read says use game mode for consoles so i'm a bit stuck

Soldato
not sure the price is revolutionary https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31393393
... check one out in the flesh, to make sure VA viewing angles are OK and motion, as that thread suggested it is 60hz,
not sure if 2017 xe sony's can be had for a similar price ?

[LOL the new samsung q tv advert they must be stupid .. lets waste electricity and power on hours - ridiculuous
the googled synopsys - in March. Featuring the ambient mode, which is controlled by a single button on the remote, it allows you to change the blank screen function of the TV to match your wallpaper, therefore disguising itself on your living room wall.
]

Soldato
not sure the price is revolutionary https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31393393
... check one out in the flesh, to make sure VA viewing angles are OK and motion, as that thread suggested it is 60hz,
not sure if 2017 xe sony's can be had for a similar price ?

[LOL the new samsung q tv advert they must be stupid .. lets waste electricity and power on hours - ridiculuous
the googled synopsys - in March. Featuring the ambient mode, which is controlled by a single button on the remote, it allows you to change the blank screen function of the TV to match your wallpaper, therefore disguising itself on your living room wall.
]

That Qled add was on the other night so I paused it at the start when the screen is apparently black just to remind myself why I have an Oled.

Soldato
took a good look at OLEDs this weekend, for me it's the Panasonic 65'' or the Sony 65''
what about the QLED ?.........it's pretty damned good but not quite up to an OLED.

Back
Top Bottom