PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
Played a bit of Solo over the weekend and went back to 1440p after a stint at 1080p (I think I was kidding myself after a bad patch at 1440 that 1080 was somehow smoother/slicker). My god I forgot how much better it looks. Also turned Post Processing up from Low to Medium and what a difference that makes to overall visuals with no apparent impact to framerate (turning up higher did not seem to make any further image improvement).

The game really feels good at the moment.

Associate
What performance impact is there going from 1080p to 1440p? I've got a 32" IPS monitor, but it's only 1080p, however my GPU seems to drive the game at near to max FPS most of the time. I get the odd drop in places to 80-90fps, but interested to know if going to 1440p or an Ultra Wide res would cripple my card?

Associate
Yeah it's one of those dirt cheap Electriq monitors. I had an Asus 24" 144hz TN panel before that, which was fine, but thought I'd gamble on one of these cheap big screens and being IPS was a bonus. It certainly paid off, as the colour accuracy and image quality in general is miles better, but due to how cheap these are, I'm really tempted by their 34" UW screen, but worried it will gimp my FPS going to UW resolutions.

Soldato
What performance impact is there going from 1080p to 1440p? I've got a 32" IPS monitor, but it's only 1080p, however my GPU seems to drive the game at near to max FPS most of the time. I get the odd drop in places to 80-90fps, but interested to know if going to 1440p or an Ultra Wide res would cripple my card?

Here is a 1070ti on high settings, maybe you can extrapolate from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A04jgdM9AYo

Caporegime

Highly doubt it would be an issue. My slower 980Ti runs at 1440p cranked up with no issues.

Soldato
My missus plays Squads everyday and is looking for decent players as her team mates always seem to do their own thing...

She uses my account so if anybody fancies a squad game from time to time

Add me on Steam: Minimatt14
:D
Is she fit?
Ohh trust me shes one in a million :cool:;)
I've been known to stream topless so she's more than welcome to come join the party!

Just for clarification are you sure it’s not you in drag?
I've been known to stream topless so you're more than welcome to come join the party! :p

Back
Top Bottom