*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
Open is a griefers paradise.

I started out in open, but I now play in a private PvE group with Mobius. Much more civilised - no getting murdered after exploring in the bubble.

I would like the ability to have a second Commander though, so I could play in Open.

Associate
It's pretty much why I bought a second account (and oh my god is it so difficult to get 2 accounts running. ok not difficuly but just plain annoying. Let me have them in the same game ffs)

Associate
It's pretty much why I bought a second account (and oh my god is it so difficult to get 2 accounts running. ok not difficuly but just plain annoying. Let me have them in the same game ffs)

I bought a second cooy of the game in the steam sale for that reason. But it was so hassly to set it up that I asked for a refund. I'd just like the ability to have a second commander. I don't want to share resources between accounts, but I'd like to explore vastly different play styles as the mood takes me.

Associate
Same here. £5-10 or similar for a second cmdr would be fine by me. As long as it was convenient to switch between them.

I have two accounts. What you do is go to the Elite: Dangerous program folder & copy the launcher (EDLaunch.exe) then pin the copy to the taskbar. Each copy of the launcher has its own settings file so you can have as many different log ins as you have commanders and copies of the file :)

Associate
I'd say Open is more populated than Mobius, although Open just seems to consist of griefers who enjoy shooting 'noobs' in smaller ships.

I'm also not sure I've been fully exploiting Mobius as I'm just heading back into the bubble. There's nothing to prevent you trying both and seeing which you prefer.

Associate
Quite enjoying playing this now, the investment in a x52 was well worth it.

I have a decently kitted out Anaconda now.

I'm still being carried by my m8s though. I had my m8 following me about in his corvette healing my shields while I battled ships that should have wrecked me.

Associate
Anyone getting booted out of the server tonight?

I can't log in and there doesn't seem to be much info on the Frontier forums.

Yep the servers were down for about 15 minutes or so. I suspect the guy who'd taken the short straw to do the night shift was too busy unplugging his hair dryer to update the twitter feed XD

Associate
Yep the servers were down for about 15 minutes or so. I suspect the guy who'd taken the short straw to do the night shift was too busy unplugging his hair dryer to update the twitter feed XD

Cheers, I was able to get back in after about 10 minutes.

Though going by the age of the average E D player I'm surprised any of the guys have got hair left to blow dry...

Associate
Got to keep my priorities in some kind of order - besides, they aren't foolish enough to let me loose on the official social media accounts.

Soldato
Well, found out I suck at flying a Beluga into the mail slot. Never flying that ship again :) Was trying to optimize Parutis-Medb passenger runs without shields or docking computer, and is is just going to be a non starter. Would have to sacrifice a slot for the DC and probably have to run a shield as well, may as well stay in the Python and be easily able to shoot through the slot on silent running whilst stocked with criminals. Is the Anaconda *that* much easier to dock compared to the Beluga? Will probably test one in a bit having banked serious credits now since doing the run in the Python.

Back
Top Bottom