Football Banter Thread

Soldato
The unwinables!

Coleman has been kicked out of Sunderland...

BBC Link.

Credit to Ellis Short, even if his tenure was a bit of a disaster, he has cleared all their debt and any money owed to him. So they are essentially debt free... just need to sort that crazy wage bill out.

Got to say I was really worried they'd escape administration given the size of their debt and 2 successive relegations. So to find a buyer, clear their debts and get rid of Coleman... Good news all round really.

Soldato
A few mates have got me onto a podcast called "Quickly Kevin, will he score"

I've listened to a few whilst out for a run and had to stop and walk because i've been laughing so much. Honourable mentions go to the Paul Merson one and the reviews of Steve Bruce's "Striker/Sweeper" books.

If anyone else has listened, any recommendations for your favourites?

Soldato
Who's that hiding in the bushes?

IMG_20180525_WA0002.jpg

Caporegime
What a huge **** Yaya is. Past it, play the race card.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44364542

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola "often has problems with Africans", says ex-Blues midfielder Yaya Toure.

The Ivorian, who left City in May after eight years at the club, says he wants to "break the myth" about Guardiola, whom he describes as "jealous".

"Maybe we Africans are not always treated by some in the same way as others," said Toure in an interview with France Football.

Guardiola won six league titles as a player at Barcelona and has added a further seven as a manager during spells with the Catalan club, Bayern Munich and City.

Toure said: "I do not know why but I have the impression that he was jealous, he took me for a rival. As if I made him a little shade.

"He was cruel to me. I came to wonder if it was not because of my colour.

"I am not the first to talk about these differences in treatment. In Barca, some have also asked the question.

"When we realise he often has problems with Africans wherever he goes, I ask myself questions.

"I want to be the one who breaks the myth of Guardiola."

Soldato
Crying about his birthday cake told me all I needed to know about what sort of person he was, absolute arse.

Bloke should be remembered as a great at city what a daft parting shot to take.

Don
He's got his head stuck up his arse. It's not the first time he's played the racism card, is it? Didn't he claim he was overlooked for some award because he was african too?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Seems like one of those people who doesn't realise that he doesn't get what he perhaps deserves because he rubs people up the wrong way. Everyone has a friend like it. Tells you stories about how they are being treated unfairly and you nod along thinking "you're the idiot in this story".

Caporegime
He really needs to have a good hard look at himself and then at his brother Kolo, who I don’t ever recall saying anything like Yaya does.

He’s got 2 choices either **** off to America or China, play a few games and make money then just retire.

Mind you I don’t think any manager will want him now with the baggage and crap he comes out with every so often.

Back
Top Bottom