*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
I won't be getting Mario tennis to play online. Even with full signal opponents there is often input lag, which is unacceptable in a reaction based game like this.

It's stupid that in this day and age developers still tie your inputs to the network latency. They didn't do this in arms and Splatoon, and they had better not do it again in smash brothers.

Last edited:
Soldato
I won't be getting Mario tennis to play online. Even with full signal opponents three is often input lag, which is unacceptable in a reaction based game like this.

It's stupid that in this day and age developers still tie your inputs to the network latency. They didn't do this in arms and Splatoon, and they had better not do it again in smash brothers.

I too noticed this when playing, and I don't think there will be much enjoyment in the single player so sadly it's a pass but I really had high hopes for it.

Man of Honour
I too noticed this when playing, and I don't think there will be much enjoyment in the single player so sadly it's a pass but I really had high hopes for it.

It's really a multi player oriented title so they should have had a different approach to latency. It has the same requirements as a fighting game, and they all use rollback net code these days.

Dropping the ball with this game makes me nervous that they will just use the same terrible net code for smash brothers.

I'm very lucky that I have friends to play with in real life or smash and this game would be pointless to buy.

Associate
Anyone have Fifa on the Switch and have an issue whereby every time you boot the game or wake the console from sleep it asks to agree to the sharing of Nintendo account information?

I have to agree it every time I play the game but what’s worse is if I pause the game halfway through (FUT) and console goes to sleep it kicks me out of the game and asks me to agree again.

Same with my copy, it's annoying but I assumed it was 'normal'.

Soldato
Same with my copy, it's annoying but I assumed it was 'normal'.

Least not just me! It’s stupid and I can’t find away to turn it off, I literally can’t play any game and pause half way through for more than a minute and the console going to sleep (disconnects EA server and kicks me to title screen!).

Plus I get a stupid email every time from Nintendo saying I’ve allowed EA Sports access. :/

Soldato
...also I think I’ve got a problem with my switch. I’ve noticed last couple of nights (100% charged, undocked) but on sleep mode the console dies within 4 to 5 hours but when the joy cons are removed the battery doesn’t reduce (again in sleep).

Like in the past hour it’s lost 12% charge despite it being in sleep mode :/

Soldato
Anyone have Fifa on the Switch and have an issue whereby every time you boot the game or wake the console from sleep it asks to agree to the sharing of Nintendo account information?

I have to agree it every time I play the game but what’s worse is if I pause the game halfway through (FUT) and console goes to sleep it kicks me out of the game and asks me to agree again.

I had this. Really annoying. However, when it prompts, I think there are some more options to explore. Tick those extra options and it never asks again. Much better.

Really enjoying this FIFA, if just for the World Cup stuff. I fell properly out of love with FIFA when back in 2013 it kept disconnecting when on Virgin and you'd lose all of your contracts. This is the first I've picked up since then and have had good fun playing it portably, even on the joy cons. Great BBQ fodder.

Anyone bothered with SF 30th Anniversary? Played it on PS4 quite happily, but not happy the Switch version is nearly 10 quid more. Wonder how it plays on the Switch pads? Tempted if it drops to pick it up and the wired Hori pad, though I honestly don't think I'll play it enough to warrant another fight pad...

Caporegime
Finished the BOTW DLC yesterday and played some more of the Tennis demo, I did get some bugs this time around, the game froze on me once, didn't suffer any connectivity issues, asides from when one guy rage quit on me :p

Still tempted, but I'll see what E3 will give. I've got a free copy of DOOM making its way to me in the next couple of weeks anyway!

Associate
Sonic Racing looks promising. The first one was great but the disappointing thing about it was that it was 30FPS (on consoles) and dropped to 25 and below at points. Mario Kart 8 at 60FPS just felt so much better on Wii U back then (looked better too imo) and that kinda made it hard to go back to Sonic All Stars Racing.

I think this new one will target 60FPS on PS4/XB, but have a feeling it'll be 30FPS on Switch.

Soldato
Now Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has been out on the Switch for a while, is it worth picking up? I've got a thirst for a new RPG to play whilst on the throne.

I remember when it came out people complained that it had a 10+ hour intro, is it really grindy?

Man of Honour
Looking for next game to play singleplayer and handheld mostly (trains, planes and no wifi type play). I have finished Zelda and Mario Odyssey. What do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom