• Gas

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • Don't like BBQ's

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
What are your thoughts on this and why?

I'm married to a middle eastern, and we frequently have her family over. Being middle eastern charcoal and wood BBQ (traditional kebab) is firmly entrenched in the family's traditions. The mere thought of thinking about a gas BBQ is deeply offensive!

So, what BBQ type do you have an why?

A poll might be useful.

Associate
Buy a Weber Mastertouch 57cm. Great bit of kit - mine is currently doing a 5.5lb pork shoulder in it and has been on since midday with limited checking.

I've got 2 of them. Nearly bought a gas grill as well last year but ended up deciding against it and buying another Weber!

Soldato
Gas for convenience, charcoal for flavour (but I voted gas).

For a couple of people, having maybe a sausage and a burger each, the time and faff involved with a charcoal just isn’t worth it for the “extra” flavour.

If you’re “having a BBQ” with loads of friends and family, then sure – charcoal is the real deal.

Soldato
For a couple of people, having maybe a sausage and a burger each, the time and faff involved with a charcoal just isn’t worth it for the “extra” flavour as I clearly have no activated tastebuds in my mouth and have never tried a chimney starter

Edited for clarity ;)

Grab yourself a weber mastertouch and a weber chimney starter and you're good to go.

For charcoal try the likes of Blue bag restaurant grade and grab some Australian heat beads for the longer cooks.

Soldato
Edited for clarity ;)

Grab yourself a weber mastertouch and a weber chimney starter and you're good to go.

For charcoal try the likes of Blue bag restaurant grade and grab some Australian heat beads for the longer cooks.
:p

I would have finished eating by the time the charcoal was ready to cook with. :D

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

This. Gas is just not a BBQ, it's a way of taking your oven outside.

I've never understood this argument - my gas BBQ is nothing like my oven (nor does the food taste the same).

Charcoal or go in the kitchen and use the stove

Do you cook your burgers directly over the stove flames then? Does that not get messy with the fat dripping and fill your kitchen with smoke?

Caporegime
Charcoal for me, enjoy getting a good bed of coals going. Can get much hotter than gas. Nice to have a beer whilst it’s getting up to temp.

Father in law is the complete opposite, loves the convienince of gas but it’s not for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom