FIRST 4K 144Hz G-SYNC HDR MONITOR NOW AVAILABLE - BRACE YOURSELVES!!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Don't cry, I did say brace yourselves in the title, the first of two G-SYNC 144Hz HDR gaming monitors, the second one incoming from Asus is likely to be even more expensive. :D

Acer Predator X27 27" 3840x2160 4K 144Hz IPS G-Sync HDR Gaming Monitor @ £2,199.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Acer...-IPS-G-Sync-HDR-Gaming-Monitor-MO-13H-AC.html

UM.HX0EE.009, 3840x2160 Resolution, 1000:1 Contrast Ratio, 1000cd/m² Brightness, 4ms Response Time, 1x DisplayPort Input, 1x HDMI 2.0 Input, USB3.0 Type C Hub, G-SYNC HDR, 2yr Warranty.

Only £2,199.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OcUK Staff
See's price

200.gif

Still need though...

Associate
Now we just need the 1180ti or 2080ti or what ever it will be called to run it :p

Quite a hefty looking bezel on that thing. Can't really tell from the pic but is that like a hood thing on the top half?

OcUK Staff
OP
Is this release likely to have any effect on pushing prices of the 100-120Hz GSYNC ultrawides down, do you think?

Why do people think a monitor costing twice the others will push them down in price, if anything others more likely to go up. ;)
In short the others will change very little in price due to this, pricing on current gen will simply be down to manufacturers if they decide to lower or increase price.

Soldato
wonder what these panel will overclock to :D

144Hz! They will be almost certainly be 120Hz @ 4:2:2 Chroma out of the box. Hence the * in the description next to almost every mention of 144Hz. The * appears to have its footnote missing. (Pet peeve of mine I have to say)

Edit: The footnote according to other retailers is as expected: "*This device is designed to support refresh rate overclocking up to 144Hz. However, overclocking may result in system instability. If you experience instability, try reducing the overclock to a lower refresh rate through the on-screen display settings."

Last edited:
Associate
With the loss of SLI/XFIRE appetite among many game developers, the next gen cards have to raise their bar quite high in order to make these panels useful. any ideas when Nvidia's BIG FORMAT GAMING DISPLAYS coming out?

Soldato
Don't cry, I did say brace yourselves in the title, the first of two G-SYNC 144Hz HDR gaming monitors, the second one incoming from Asus is likely to be even more expensive. :D

I am most interested in these monitors. But I'm going to wait for proper reviews. I was particularly disappointed to see Linus mention that they drop visual fidelity at high refresh rates. And a German early reviewer mentions that it's very loud and there's an overall lack of quality.

So, not right now.

Associate
Why do people think a monitor costing twice the others will push them down in price, if anything others more likely to go up. ;)
In short the others will change very little in price due to this, pricing on current gen will simply be down to manufacturers if they decide to lower or increase price.

I didn't think.

I DARED TO HOPE!

:p

But yes, I see your point.

I guess the hope is that, as 4K 144Hz becomes the new "ultimate", the previous top tier options drop a peg, become less desirable and therefore cheaper. However, I see instead that the price of these monitors might instead an £800 ultrawide 1440p look comparitively like an affordable option and therefore more desirable!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Strokes my LG E7 55" HDR 4k OLED TV that only cost £1099 :D :cool:

Crazy money for a "monitor" and only 27" lol.....

But hey, if you got money to burn then go ahead.

Caporegime
Hahahaha I mean, they're serious with the price, but they'll sell very few at that price too.

I wouldn't be so sure....... far too many people out there with more money than sense :D :p

Also, don't under estimate the people that love to show of their epeen status on internet forums ;)

Soldato
I am most interested in these monitors. But I'm going to wait for proper reviews. I was particularly disappointed to see Linus mention that they drop visual fidelity at high refresh rates. And a German early reviewer mentions that it's very loud and there's an overall lack of quality.

So, not right now.

Wow, That's horrible.

Man of Honour

So, not right now.

Great video, **** monitor. So many issues for a 2k piece of kit!

Back
Top Bottom