Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Change in circumstances meant doing 25k miles per year was costing too much so switched to a company car

The mrs has a job close to home now with no travel so can have a more interesting car

Associate
At the time she was travelling a lot for work, I sold it abut 9 months ago and now she has changed jobs

Changing to the company car was the right move, I'll get myself something sport again in time

Man of Honour
42681892512_2f7b70637f_h.jpg

27862248527_5efb3066d1_h.jpg

At the entrance to Spa Francorchamps on Friday morning. Drove the old circuit after this then off to Luxembourg for lunch and Nurburgring for madness. I love me some road trip

Don
Gotta say; that R8 is a damn handsome car. Elegant and purposeful without being shouty. I saw a Mk2 at the weekend and I actually prefer your Mk1. I don't know if it was the colour (the one I saw was gold - fingers -> mouth) but the lines flow better on the Mk1.

Man of Honour
I've driven a 991 GT3 but not the blue one in the pic. I can confirm the 488 is astonishingly quick in a straight line and has great road presence and the M2 is the car to have at the Ring this year it seems as there were loads of them out. R8 is superb, close to 30K miles now (3K when I bought it) but heavy and shows that on track. It's not GT3 quick and I cooked my fluid first lap out due to traffic and having to stamp on it to get into gaps late braking before I could get away. I have loads of pics, some of them awaiting download when photographer uploads them. Will update my Nurburgring thread when I can.

42041985974_4818853dd2_h.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Gotta say; that R8 is a damn handsome car. Elegant and purposeful without being shouty. I saw a Mk2 at the weekend and I actually prefer your Mk1. I don't know if it was the colour (the one I saw was gold - fingers -> mouth) but the lines flow better on the Mk1.

It's funny, I never was a big fan and from some angles I struggle with it, such as the long front nose as in the picture above. But from some angles and when I walk towards it I think it looks superb and still stand the test of time style wise. It got just as much attention as any of the cars in the line up above and sounds better than all of them. Also did 190mph on the autobahn on the way back and felt locked to the road, very safe which was good.

Man of Honour
Not my favourite colour either,

But, its not the red that ruin the look for me, it's the black bit in the middle. There is a whole disconnect between the front and rear of the car.

Sorry!! Guess we all have different tastes!!

Different tastes, what's this rubbish you speak of??

Conform, you know it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom