Ramadan 2018

Associate
Ah ok. Is there someone that formally declares when it's been sighted?
usually you go by your local mosque.. who some of them follow Saudi, some have their own moon sighting criteria, others if moon cant be sighted follow the next muslim country (in our case morrocco (sp?) ) as its similar timezone to us.

Caporegime
So can you eat in the day now or is it the last day of fasting today and you get to scoff loads this evening?

Congrats to everyone who made it through.

Soldato
OP
Eid Mubarak guys.

The first week of Ramadan wasn’t so bad but as it went on I did find it difficult. I enjoyed it and sort of miss it now, feels very strange to eat during the day lol.

All the best.

Associate
Day off work for me. Spent with family.
Then I thought, how wonderful it would be if the entire British isles was given a day off for not just Eid but akso for the Jewish and Hindu festivals. This would add another three days off per annum.
I reckon productivity would increase too due to the positive feeling that the nation would have.

Man of Honour
Eid Mubarak!

One of my favourite times of the year, a few of my neighbours invite anyone local over to come and celebrate with them and I always stuff my face. Plus you get to take home a plate of food for an epic brunch the next day.

Caporegime
Did anyone go to the big gathering in Birmingham? "more than 140,000 people gathering in Small Heath Park". Just wondering where 140k people leave their shoes and how many lose them after the Eid prayer.

I remember wearing new clothes and shoes to the mosque for Eid back in the day when a few hundred seemed like a big crowd. The shoes were always trampled on and some even stolen !!

I'm guessing most would put them in a bag abd carey them?

Back
Top Bottom