PPP server fail ?

Soldato
my plusnet fibre was supposed to be getting sorted today and I’ve noticed my internet has went off around 2pm and I noticed the BT engineer at the cabinet on my estate but my internet router just fails router test with ppp server fail. My router is showing connected at vdsl. I am thinking is it my router that’s at fault or does the error mean they still working on my upgrade

ECB4_F2_C1-_B1_D5-448_B-840_E-_F0_E5_B9_FBB1_AF.png

Soldato
Have you just moved provider from another ISP to Plusnet?

If so it looks like you're using your own router - have you updated the DSL username and password to Plusnet's PPP login?

E.g. [email protected] then your Plusnet account password

Also why are you using that router? Even Plusnet's own hub has AC wifi and is better spec than the TP Link one you're using.

You also have a firmware update for your router... Build 170919 you're on 160912 ;)
https://www.tp-link.com/uk/download/TD-W9970.html#Firmware

Soldato
OP
Hi I didn’t realise they changed the user name so it’s working now . I bought the router because a few weeks ago the router they supplied would not let me setup a WiFi even tho has been working for like 2 years tried factory reset and still would give me error when creating WiFi network. So I just rushed to Argos for a replacement adsl router. I am not sure if I should continue using this or switch to the new router plusnet just sent me it’s sagem hub. I read a few reviews of people saying the WiFi was very poor signal

Soldato
Good stuff :) My parents use the Plusnet hub and haven't had any issues, the wifi can be iffy too far away, but nothing out of the ordinary compared to other ISP routers.

Up to you mate, if the TP Link works and you get decent wifi speeds and your happy, stick with it then :p

Back
Top Bottom