FIFA World Cup 2018 - GROUP B [Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran - 15/20/25 June] **spoilers**

Soldato
Isco, Iniesta and Silva completely ran that game, as Spain replaced them they started to drop back, if they had played 90 minutes then Spain would've won.

I think De Gea would've saved Ronaldo's freekick if he was in a Man Utd shirt.

Soldato
That Ronaldo free kick was stunning. I was watching it with my son and we both went crazy when it went in [he's a big Ronaldo fan]

Caporegime
That's the wall's job for that side, it was in the top corner. He would have had to started moving from the other side of the goal before Ronaldo's foot hit the ball to be able to get over to that side in time, which he isn't going to do before his foot met the ball.

Weird, I've seen keepers save at that side before.

Dude stuttered during his movement, had he carried on and dived he has a decent chance at it.

Don
The wall wasn’t placed properly, it should have been at least another couple of bodies over. The ball went over the head of one of the shortest players on the pitch who was the man on the end of the wall.

The ball wasn’t particularly top corner either and it didn’t have the most outrageous curl on it.

Because of that I would have had to lay the blame at the keepers feet regardless of whether he could get over to save it or not.

Soldato
The wall wasn’t placed properly, it should have been at least another couple of bodies over. The ball went over the head of one of the shortest players on the pitch who was the man on the end of the wall.

The ball wasn’t particularly top corner either and it didn’t have the most outrageous curl on it.

Because of that I would have had to lay the blame at the keepers feet regardless of whether he could get over to save it or not.

Since when was 6ft 2in busquets one of the shortest players on the pitch?...6ft 4in pique was to the left of him, or did you mean tallest?

Suggest you watch it again, the ball had a hefty amount of curl, went around buquets and to right of the post before curling quite significantly back inside. About as good a freekick he could have hit.

I3jxbMX.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Since when was Mayweather an entertainer :confused:? All of the fights I've seem him in have been a bore fest. Not taking away from his incredible ability, but he's no entertainer.

Soldato
Iran are on 3 points
Portugal on 1 point
Spain on 1 point
Morocco on 0 points

If Iran park the bus tonight (which they will) against Spain, and if Portugal beat Morocco then:

Iran 4 points
Portugal on 4 point
Spain on 2 point
Morocco on 0 points

Finally if Iran park the bus again and Spain beat Morocco:

Iran 5 points
Portugal on 5 point
Spain on 5 point
Morocco on 0 points

It will come down to goal difference and there may be a huge upset - Spain or Portugal will leave! Assuming Iran at least draw against Spain and Portugal.

Back
Top Bottom