Pence per mile

Soldato
My 2004 Celica TSport cost me 17p per mile roughly in duel, and 45p per mile taking everything into account.

My GT86 is 19p per mile. I assume it's because I exclusively run it on 99ron fuel, which is more expensive.

Associate
mk3 Focus Ecoboost 1.6: 14.2p/mile over 31.000 miles and 2 years. This does include fill ups abroad at varying prices, some fillups with SUL, and just under 10,000 miles with a Bluefin remap.

Soldato
Over the last 37000 miles my Saab 9-5 Aero Auto has managed 19.8p/mile. All fillups have been with super unleaded and the majority of those using Shell.

Soldato
Why do you use only premium diesel? Seems like a total waste of money. I only ever use regular supermarket diesel in mine.
Oh, it is generally believed by various sources (scientists, industry experts, current and previous owners, fuel tracking apps, yadda yadda) considered to have some level of authority on the matter, that premium diesel in this particular engine helps keep it cleaner and may slightly increase the overall MPG. I'm sure everyone is totally wrong and forumites will start chucking loads of contradictory reports and graphs around arguing both sides, while not actually coming up with a definitive answer... as they usually do... but my car seems happier with it, so I carry on.

Back
Top Bottom