New essential Android apps thread

Associate
I'm not a fan of the Spotify UI, the daily mix is just broken for me pretty much giving me the same songs everyday, it's rubbish when there's a spotty connection even trying to play offline music and it has a 10k track limit for your library.

Spotify is good but it could be a lot better.

Soldato
Started using Scanbot as I needed to scan something (duh) and don't have one, very impressed with the ease of use and quality of results.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep being able to upload 50,000 tracks to integrate with the rest of your library if the music you like doesn't exist on streaming platforms is awesome, One band I listen to "tool" doesn't have their music on streaming services, So i've uploaded the albums myself.

Really annoyed that they have renamed YouTube Red to YouTube Premium & now won't honor what they sent in a email after the music key beta. If it wasn't for little things like the music locker I would have left because of this.

also annoys me that every time i buy a google product it seems to come with 3 months free to google music, but only to new customers. so a total waste of time, along with now this i've been waiting for ages to find out i don't get youtube red any way and never will

i've signed up to youtube premium. sucks that i'm paying £3 more per month but just another example of google offering deals and changing their minds/not giving to existing customers.

one thing to mention is that they offer a 3 month trial with this. i couldn't find it any where on their website, however if you google youtube premium uk there is a google ad with 3 month trial in the title. i've spoke with them via chat and they have said as it's shown on google search ads it SHOULD be offered to us even existing customers. so she's escalted the situation to hopefully make it happening. worth doing the same if it works.

here's the screenshot which they asked for as proof

https://imgur.com/x7MKvX0

Soldato
Kiwi browser is a pretty nice, quick browser with built in popup blockers and so far quicker than Samsung browser for me, also has a dark theme, worth checking it out.

Associate
Hi Jony,
I use Llama from KebabApps which is free. It learns from cell towers or time of day depending on what you need. Only downside I have found is that the notifications don't work in Android 7 even though the app itself still works no problem.
With a little learning you can soon setup profiles for home/work as long as they are not using the same cell towers.
I have different profiles for home - work- outside of home - quiet at night - silent. You can then change volume of ringtone, change ringtone, turn off or on wifi/mobile etc.
Let me know if you need more info.
Phil

Associate
hey all, Im looking for a calorie counter app preferably with barcode reader. it doesn't have to be too bells and whistles but NO SUBSCRIPTION. I don't mind a one off payment but recurring is a no no.

Back
Top Bottom