Which AIO should I buy

Associate
Totally unsure which one I should purchase. I'm not upto date on what is the best these days.

1, DeepCool Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240 EX White RGB New £89.98 12 month warranty
2, Corsair Hydro Series H115i refurbished £71.99 12 month warranty
3, Corsair Hydro Series H110i New £87.98 60month warranty

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Associate
OP
I still haven't purchased a new cooler, as I just can't decide. I've read about problems with the Captain 240 EX RGB leaking. I would go with a new Corsair H110i but it's not as blingy as some of the other AIO's.
And I've also found a Raijintek Orcus RGB on the Overclockers store for £89.99 and it looks really nice. But then didn't there last AIO have a major problem with leaking?

Permabanned
I would tag in @doyll to give you some salient advice.

Just a couple questions;

1. Have you had an AIO before?

2. What are your reasons for getting an AIO? i.e. Looks, Space requirements, Better cooling, Noise etc.

Associate
OP
I would tag in @doyll to give you some salient advice.

Just a couple questions;

1. Have you had an AIO before?

2. What are your reasons for getting an AIO? i.e. Looks, Space requirements, Better cooling, Noise etc.

Yeah I have a Corsair H60v2 at the moment. But I've just bought an I7 4790k and wanted something better to cool it.
I quite like having AIO's over air coolers. I think they're cooler to look at.

what is your budget and can you fit a 360mm in your case?

Upto £90

I have a Phanteks P400s, which can fit a 360mm radiator in the front, but I'd have to remove the midplate cover, which I don't really want to do as my cables are hidden under there.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cool...l240l-rgb-aio-cpu-cooler-240mm-hs-07p-cm.html

I have the lesser Seidon version.

Amazing value.

Been running for almost a year flawlessly, keeping an [email protected] under 65c at load.

Highly recommended.

Should add for those that decry these for having noisy pumps...utter tosh in this case.

That does look extremely good value for money.

My son has the Seidon 120V v2 cooling his 4690k, and it seems to do alright. he doesn't push his system at all though.
Mind though I do hear the pump in his PC. It's not noisy as such, but I do hear a slight humming coming from the pump.
Not enough to bother me though.

Soldato
Some here know I hate CLCs. They tend to start failing after 1-2 years of hard used .. the higher the CPU temps the shorter their life.

Don't confuse AIO and CLC. AIO is parent group and CLCs are a sub-group of AIO. AIOs have threaded fittings, fill port, copper radiators and flow more coolant so we can cut hoses to length we want and replace components as needed. CLCs are made and filled at factory with no provision to repair or replace components as needed, not even a fill plug for topping up coolant. AIOs that are not CLC are a big step up from CLCs but still not as well built / don't cool as well as even a mediocre custom loop will.

I have a be quiet! Silent Loop 280 AIO and love it. While I'm not pushing an extreme amount of heat at it it has worked extremely well for about 2 years now. I did top up the coolant level a couple months ago. It was not very low, but a little which is to be expected in a couple years of use. Silent Loop has copper radiator, threaded fittings and pump rated 72 L/h (Asetek don't publish pump flow rate but it's about 41 L/h).

There is a "B-Grade" Silent Loop 240 for £104.99 It is also copper radiator, threaded fittings, pump rated 72 L/h, etc.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/b-gr...perior-liquid-cpu-cooler-240mm-bg-10g-bq.html

While I have not used any Eisbaer coolers, they are Alphacool's own AIO line, and they make be quiet! Silent Loop AIOs.
Eisbaer LT240 is £84.95. It is also copper radiator, threaded fittings (& quick connect too), pump rated 72 L/h, etc.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alph...water-cooling-unit-240mm-11445-hs-005-ac.html

If you could fit 360mm radiator, the Aphacool LT360 is £99.95. Same as above.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alph...water-cooling-unit-240mm-11446-hs-006-ac.html

Associate
The Eisbaers have shocking reliability when it comes to their pumps which are not that quiet either. Cooling is on par with asetek 360 units at full speed and noise normalised tests. I'm looking to get a new AIO to replace my current cryorig 240 so have done a fair bit of research on this. I'm waiting for the new eisbaer extreme to be released and tested along with a few others that were shown at computex.

Soldato
The Eisbaers have shocking reliability when it comes to their pumps which are not that quiet either. Cooling is on par with asetek 360 units at full speed and noise normalised tests. I'm looking to get a new AIO to replace my current cryorig 240 so have done a fair bit of research on this. I'm waiting for the new eisbaer extreme to be released and tested along with a few others that were shown at computex.
Not doubting you, but can you supply some links to your claim? I have seen a few but not many, and Alphacool makes/made Fractal Design Kelvin and be quiet! Silent Loop and I've not seen any pump problems with them. All share the same I think DC-LT 2600 pump design .. I think that's but might be DC-LT 2400 pump .. I believe DC-LT 2400, DC LT 2600 and DC LT 3600 all use same covers / reservoirs so I think anyone having pump problems can replace pump. DC-LT 2400 is € 19.94 and DC-LT 3600 is € 26.95.

Soldato
loads on various forums - I was quite interested in the eisbaer LT360 but the pump issues puts me right off.
I googled 'Eisbaer pump problem' and found nothing Looked at Amazon reviews and found one, but guy figured out it was air in pump.

I've seen lots of neubs going into water cooling with AIOs and CLCs having similar problems because they don't make sure there is no air in pump and / or placing pump higher than radiator and having air accumulate in pump because they don't know any better. Alphacool is known for not having great customer support, but as long as buyer gets it from a reputable tallier they have them to fall back on if they do have problems.

When buying a AIO or God forbid a CLC run it for a day with coolant flowing water into to of radiator and line flowing water out on bottom so it does get any air in it. The occasionally shake, wiggle and turn pump in different positions with it's intake line always lower than the outflow line to hopefully work any air bubbles up into top end of radiator. This should eliminate any air bubbles in the pump and thereby stop noise and/or other problems from arising.

All that said, I would go with be quiet! Silent Loop because they have very good customer support, not to mention the pump is a modified version of DC-LT that I'm told makes it even quieter. They also have rigid fittings instead of the swivel kind that often leak is move many times.

Back
Top Bottom