What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Soldato
I loved this game. Recently revisited it and if you can put up with some slightly wonky controls, I think it's still great for what it is.
It's definitely aged. Some of the camera work is a bit frustrating. As are some of the controls. And the bits where you just fall through the world for no real reason. Graphically though, I think it holds up and there are some interesting levels like the pinball levels. I also really like a lot of the music.

I bought a Japanese Dreamcast on release and I'd only ever really played the Japanese version of Sonic Adventure. It's quite like being able to tell whats going off for once.

Associate
GTA Vice City (PC) recently purchased Disk and Steam versions. Having a nightmare trying to install the Silent Patch (and subsequent mods) on Windows 10. Crashes every time. I know I have not got optimum settings but its stable. Just nagging doubt that I am missing out on something.

Finally found an awesome guide which works perfectly. The game looks and plays great, well chuffed and grateful for the peeps who put these resources together. :)

Soldato
Started Playing Wonder Boy dragons Trap again last night on Master System. Not sure why I even decided to stick it on but its just as good as I remember it being over 20 years ago (although as a kid I had the Game Gear version). I have been meaning to get the remake but I'm waiting until it drops down in a sale. I forgot how great the shop theme music is too :D

Soldato
Started Playing Wonder Boy dragons Trap again last night on Master System. Not sure why I even decided to stick it on but its just as good as I remember it being over 20 years ago (although as a kid I had the Game Gear version). I have been meaning to get the remake but I'm waiting until it drops down in a sale. I forgot how great the shop theme music is too :D

Now that was an excellent game! I like the beach music :)

Soldato
Playing through Home Improvement on the Snes.
Loved the TV show back when it used to be shown on the Disney channel (90s and early 2000s I think). Unfortunately, the game is awful and has pretty much nothing to do with the show but still trying to work my way through it.

Soldato
Has anyone played Adventures of Bayou Billy on the Nes? As a kid it was the first time I ever heard speech from a Nintendo and it blew my mind, but the game was just so hard.

Decided to revisit it yesterday and its just as impossibly solid as I remember.

For those who don't know the game it was Konami's answer to Crocodile Dundee :D but it combined light gun levels, driving levels and side scrolling beat em up levels and actually really pushed what the nes could do although unfortunately this resulted in terrible slowdown and graphical glitches all of which are exactly as I remember after all these years!

Associate
Yeah, I bought Bayou Billy back in the day as it had elements similar to my favourite arcade games at the time, Double Dragon, Road Blasters and Operation Wolf.
It's one of the few NES games I still have and played it again a few months ago, really hard and took ages to get past the first level. I remember getting to the last level when I was a kid but not sure if I completed it.

And yes, I thought the speech at the start was amazing. :)

Associate
Final Fantasy 7, played it many times in my youth and never completed it.. Didn't particularly play it correctly but now at the tender age of 32 I've decided to revisit and take my time.

My god this game is so good!

Permabanned

As soon as this drops in price I’ll be buying it too. Can’t wait to replay the remake! Not paying over 10 pounds to play it though.

Back
Top Bottom