Women only parking spots

Associate
Saudi Arabia is creating 'women only' parking spots following the decision to allow women to hold driving licences.

I can't help wondering what these spaces are supposed to achieve - will the be wider than standard ones, with more room behind to help with reversing?

Soldato
It is to leave safe areas where women won't be accosted and raped upon leaving their vehicles.

I am not joking, or trying to be funny, this is a real risk if out unaccompanied by a male family member.

Associate
OP
Ahh you had to take a joke thread and make it serious, didn't you?

Is that a genuine risk in Saudi though? I would have thought the harsh penal regime would have curbed such attacks

Soldato
Ahh you had to take a joke thread and make it serious, didn't you?

Is that a genuine risk in Saudi though? I would have thought the harsh penal regime would have curbed such attacks

The harsh penal regime means that a mans word counts for 4 women's words, so unless you have a male witness (or four female) in a he says she says trial, or happen to be related to the judge, any report of rape will result in the woman doing time for indecency and adultery, the man will be let off for not controlling himself in front a succubus.

Sorry for messing with the joke element.

oUvzPub.png

Caporegime
Saudi Arabia is creating 'women only' parking spots following the decision to allow women to hold driving licences.

I can't help wondering what these spaces are supposed to achieve - will the be wider than standard ones, with more room behind to help with reversing?

Football pitch sized parking areas for women is a must :p

Soldato
Sure, then get a male rod shoved in their orifices because they're basically animals and can't control themselves

Shush ;)
Of course they can control themselves, it was the women fault for ankle or wrist, or pheromones or something which stopped the man following the true path of non-rapey-goodness.

Man of Honour
It is to leave safe areas where women won't be accosted and raped upon leaving their vehicles.

I am not joking, or trying to be funny, this is a real risk if out unaccompanied by a male family member.

It's probably also to try to maintain some degree of segregation and to try to defuse some conflict. There is some controversy over the reform. Regardless of how unreasonable that controversy is, it is a real thing and it makes sense to take it into account.

Of course, there should be a suitable number of men only parking spots too. Either an equal number or a number proportional to the number of drivers or (much harder to assess) the need for parking spaces. Anything else wouldn't be fair.

Soldato

I'm pretty certain that the risk of getting raped after leaving the relative safety of a vehicle is a "real risk" for ALL women across the globe, not just Saudi women.

Also, being accompanied by male family certainly does reduce the risk of the female getting raped. Are you trying to say that the risk of a woman getting raped remains exactly the same whether she is accompanied by her family or not? Because the absolute fact is that being accompanied by your family certainly does mitigate the risk of getting raped; very close to absolute zero in fact. There would have to be some seriously dodgy/crazy scenario going on for a woman to be raped in the presence of male family.

Soldato
Furthermore, they have separate queues for men/women at KFC lol. Is that to stop rape at KFC even though the queues are just feet apart?

Associate
Men and women are segragated in Muslim weddings too.
At the mosque the females pray at the back searated by a curtain or even put into an inferior room, which is uncomfortable.

Caporegime
Saudi Arabia sure sounds like swell place! What's not to love? Get up, start the day with heartfelt prayer to your entirely 100% peace-loving (honest) God. Have lunch, a spot of after-dinner rape, then a bit more praying. Perhaps a bit of preaching death to the West in the afternoon, then maybe beat your Chinese/African servant to within an inch of his life, before forcing yourself on your concubines. A final round of prayers and then drifting off into a contented sleep. Big day of arms dealing ahead tomorrow.

Caporegime
Saudi Arabia sure sounds like swell place! What's not to love? Get up, start the day with heartfelt prayer to your entirely 100% peace-loving (honest) God. Have lunch, a spot of after-dinner rape, then a bit more praying. Perhaps a bit of preaching death to the West in the afternoon, then maybe beat your Chinese/African servant to within an inch of his life, before forcing yourself on your concubines. A final round of prayers and then drifting off into a contented sleep. Big day of arms dealing ahead tomorrow.
I know you're going for sarcasm but you actually sound slightly jealous :)

Soldato
I would have just assumed the women would do the same as the men and just stop their car wherever it was most convenient regardless of other drivers.

Yeap! :D

Haven't seen any so far but it's fairly "conservative" where I live, even for Saudi. TBF they can't be any worse than the thousands of <12 year olds who already drive/chaperone their families out here!

Back
Top Bottom