Uk courts decide all people aren't equal

Soldato
We don't want to?

That is fine, but why would this option be more "interesting" then?

I can see it appealing to guilt ridden millennial's who must continuously reject all historical establishments and traditions as if they would be somehow soiled if they partook in anything but pure individualism.

Last edited:
Soldato
I confess it is not immediately clear to me; what the difference is between a heterosexual civil partnership and heterosexual civil marriage. I guess what's good for the gander is good for the geese? Or something?

Soldato
My partner and I have been together for a long time, and having gone to plenty of weddings we found the whole process nauseating watching our (non-religious) friends get married in a religious way because "that's they way it is

My girlfriend and I are getting married next year - at a manor house. Saying our own vows with no religious ties.

Marriage is two people devoting themselves together, at least that is how I see it. Doesn't have to have any religious meaning. So I am not sure that's 'the way'. It can be. Describing your friends weddings as nauseating makes you sound like a bit of a phallus :p

Each to their own I guess.

Sgarrista
Commissario
I confess it is not immediately clear to me; what the difference is between a heterosexual civil partnership and heterosexual civil marriage. I guess what's good for the gander is good for the geese? Or something?

Same, it seems to be one of those weird things where 99% of it is identical, but the 1% want a special reason to have something different.

Soldato
My girlfriend and I are getting married next year - at a manor house. Saying our own vows with no religious ties.

Marriage is two people devoting themselves together, at least that is how I see it. Doesn't have to have any religious meaning. So I am not sure that's 'the way'. It can be. Describing your friends weddings as nauseating makes you sound like a bit of a phallus :p

Each to their own I guess.

Myself and my fiance are getting married in 10 days and we're pretty much doing the same.

Like you I fail to see the difference between marriage and a civil partnership.

But we live in an age where every little ********* needs to be labelled individually and have individual set of rights.

The whole gender nonsense is a prime example

Soldato

In those aspects it's more that I know they don't give a **** about the church, religion, or believe in God, but decide to go for a church wedding because that's the traditional way of getting married. I find that a bit false, but hey, everybody enjoyed themselves.

Two people getting married...

You know that I meant. What image do people think of when a wedding is mentioned? I know for me it's newlyweds walking out of church being pelted with confetti to church bells, because that's all I've ever known and seen. I guess I'm anti-traditionalist, and if more people had non-religious ceremonies then marriage would be more acceptable to me. To say it has no religious connotations just doesn't register with me, it's one of the only times that some people ever go to a church any more.

Associate
In those aspects it's more that I know they don't give a **** about the church, religion, or believe in God, but decide to go for a church wedding because that's the traditional way of getting married. I find that a bit false, but hey, everybody enjoyed themselves.
Agree with you there, I've been to several friends and family weddings in churches where none of the couples were religious. Some of them even had to attend the church for X number of weeks before the wedding to be allowed to have the ceremony there. Then they never went back. Seems rather hypocritical and somewhat blasphemous to me... That's why I had a civil ceremony when I got married (in Vegas).

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'm a humanist (I went on the banns/register as a consenting pagan) and I got married in a church.

Can't be doing with religion but I do like church architecture and the photos in the church grounds came out great :)

Soldato
Sensible result in the end. If gay people could have all the rights associated with marriage and still want the option of the name itself why shouldnt straight people have the same options in reverse, surely that's the point of equality.

Caporegime
Sensible result in the end. If gay people could have all the rights associated with marriage and still want the option of the name itself why shouldnt straight people have the same options in reverse, surely that's the point of equality.

All gay people wanted was marriage. But they weren't given that, they where given something else.

They finally got marriage and some weirdos went but we want something else too!
Sensible solution would have just been to remove the cp.

Now we have duplicated burocricy

Soldato
Same, it seems to be one of those weird things where 99% of it is identical, but the 1% want a special reason to have something different.

I think the difference is 100% in the name, no other matter, legally they now hold the same status.
These chaps might find if they travel to another nation they might view things differently.

If I was the gov I would rebrand the entire process, leave on nomenclature now and be done with it, rather than have to adapt all govt forms to include both.

Back
Top Bottom