So if I did this, would I be breaking the law?

Soldato
Me and my neighbours have our own little car park. It's only got 5 spaces, so we don't really have to resources to employ our own trafic warden or launch a tatical nuclear strike.

Now unfortunately sometimes people come and park in our car park, what makes it worse is for some reason instead of parking in one of the spaces they instead park so that no one car turn their car round. Most of these people are regular abusers, so I need to deter them.

Since the cars aren't fitted with letter boxes to poo through, I was wondering if I'd get in trouble for wrapping their cars in pallet wrap (which if you've not encountered before is super strong industrial cling film).

Soldato
Let all there tyres down and rub dog/human poo on there door handles. I have a feeling they won’t take the P anymore by parking in your spaces :D
In answer to your question no u won’t get in trouble. Seen in the paper a while back someone done the same thing after people were parking outside his house to avoid airport fees

Associate
You could get in trouble, if any damage is caused to the vechile it would be classed as criminal damage. However, you could hammer some nice big nails into the ground at random spots and cut the heads off or sprinkle some tacks about BEFORE the person arrives. Having to fork out for 4 new tyres should keep them away

Associate
Get a sign made up saying private car park ?

Signs don't work, had this problem at my parents a policeman said to my dad let the tyres down.

You could get a sign saying cars will be clamped as long as its in clear view you would have every right to clamp them.

If you can block the car in and don't move it till the next day, My dad did this to someone last year the person knew not to park there, so this person thought she would phone up the police, Police didn't come out as soon as they knew it was private.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I would put up signs for car parking and ticketing. Sometimes people don't realise an area is private. If that doesn't work then I would consider poles in the ground that you and your neighbour have keys for.

I have a lot of space in front of my house and then another small area for three cars across the road (it's a small private road so still right outside the house). Quite often friends of neighbours park there thinking it's communal parking for the road. All I do is, while they are parking, politely ask them if I can help them or ask ask what they are delivering to me. They are usually confused and somewhat surprised that it's actually not a communal space.

Back
Top Bottom