Spec me a solo holiday

Soldato
Camping in the South of France, or Spain.

There’s a site in Torre Del Mar, Spain; right by the sea, loads of places to eat and plenty to explore.

I love camping because it’s cheap and super relaxing, plus I love gadgets and gear. My new tent has solar panels, battery banks, led lighting with app control, a huge porch, is a generous four man and it pops up. But you could just use a pop up 2 man with a porch, would cost about £80 for a double skin.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Lithuania, You can canoe down the river around Vilnius for 2-3 days, then work your way up to Latvia then Estonia, pop over to Finland for the day and if you are feeling a little extra flush and have the time head down into Russia.

Northern europe is awesome now and the people are great (apart from the old people who want communism back as having 5 flavours of ice cream is too confusing)

Soldato
OP
New Zealand.

Would love to, but I think that's going to be over my budget. I might try for it in a couple of years.

Go spend a couple of weeks mooching about the Greek Islands. I did it for six months and it was one of the best decisions of my life.

That's going on the list. Been wanting to visit the Greek islands for a while.

I'm going to try and narrow things down in the next few days, because ideally I'd like to get it booked by next week.

Caporegime
Would love to, but I think that's going to be over my budget. I might try for it in a couple of years.

He knows it's over your budget which is why he suggested it, because lols. Dude's trying the comedy routine. It's not gone well so far.

That said, Australia was the most amazing holiday I've ever had, although you'll need 5x your budget to do it. I stick by my original recommendation, Rome or Barcelona.

Soldato
Amazes me these type of threads, are we thomas cook or something.

Imo it’s usually better to get advice from people who have no interest in making money from you , and with the amount of members here there’s bound to be plenty of recommendations and actual experience of the places

Caporegime
+1 for the Greek islands. They're idyllic and the perfect place to relax and unwind.

Though you'd have an amazing time in most of the places mentioned here, so perhaps try and further narrow your criteria somehow.

Or just chuck all possibilities into a hat.

Soldato
This although rethink if it lands in Iran / Syria etc :D

Iran is really opening up, tipped to be a very popular tourist destination in the next couple of years.
It looks terrific to me, they’ve got dozen of UNESCO sites, great food, a huge history and the people are said to be incredibly welcoming and friendly. If I could get a cheap flight, I’d go straight away!

I agree totally, don't get the stigma some people attach to it but that's another kettle of fish.

But how did you get that flight so cheap (find out about it)? who with?

I follow a few “Flight Hacking” services. Namely Jacks Flight Club (got £8 return to Frankfurt with that one).
Scott’s Cheap Flights, more European based than from British airports but still interesting.
Secret Flying on Facebook. I got the Canada tip from them, they were actually showing return to Dublin to St John, Newfoundland for around £150 return. However with a bit of jiggling I’m flying out of Dublin to St John. 3 nights there. Then St John to Halifax for four nights then back to Glasgow.
Got to add in a £10 flight to Dublin on the way out and kip in the airport but that’s fine by me!

Unsure if it’s an error fare, price is now around £400 but they’ve confirmed it!

I pay £25 a year for Jacks Club premium subscription, if there’s any destinations people want to hear about I can forward the deals to you!

Finally, to find the cheapest flights use Google Flights for the dates and then put these into Momondo and book via the cheapest provider.
My Japan flights were found this way, were £100 cheaper than on the KLM website. Tickets confirmed on the KLM website within ten minutes of the booking! Nothing to worry about.

Soldato

No, but we have a wealth of experience and personal recommendations which is much more valuable than Thomas cook. I doubt anyone in my local Thomas Cook has ever been to Belgrade, but @malachi has been there four times so can offer much More information than a brochure.

Soldato

Apart from the odd old jokes about Rhyl, people on GD will not try to miss guide you to make themselves profit.

Throughout the times Ive been traveling, I come here first and ask for advice. Forget travel agents they come last, GD is better (and I am not joking!) If it wasn't for GD then I wouldn't of know about the New York Pass. Saved me and my friend a lot of money.

Caporegime
Iran is really opening up, tipped to be a very popular tourist destination in the next couple of years.
It looks terrific to me, they’ve got dozen of UNESCO sites, great food, a huge history and the people are said to be incredibly welcoming and friendly. If I could get a cheap flight, I’d go straight away!

I’ve worked with a few Iranians recently and to a man they all say it’s not as portrayed in the West and indeed is a fascinating country with a huge history but, not one wants to go back nor would advise a westerner to go there until there’s a change of government.

Caporegime

I follow a few “Flight Hacking” services. Namely Jacks Flight Club (got £8 return to Frankfurt with that one).
Scott’s Cheap Flights, more European based than from British airports but still interesting.
Secret Flying on Facebook. I got the Canada tip from them, they were actually showing return to Dublin to St John, Newfoundland for around £150 return. However with a bit of jiggling I’m flying out of Dublin to St John. 3 nights there. Then St John to Halifax for four nights then back to Glasgow.
Got to add in a £10 flight to Dublin on the way out and kip in the airport but that’s fine by me!

Unsure if it’s an error fare, price is now around £400 but they’ve confirmed it!

I pay £25 a year for Jacks Club premium subscription, if there’s any destinations people want to hear about I can forward the deals to you!

Finally, to find the cheapest flights use Google Flights for the dates and then put these into Momondo and book via the cheapest provider.
My Japan flights were found this way, were £100 cheaper than on the KLM website. Tickets confirmed on the KLM website within ten minutes of the booking! Nothing to worry about.

Thanks, I just took a look at the subscription is £35? is there a code to get it to £25?

Soldato
Thanks, I just took a look at the subscription is £35? is there a code to get it to £25?

Looks like he has put it up, I'm sure I paid £25...

Unfortunately there's not a referral system - still worth it I think but your mileage may vary. If you want I can forward you the e-mails I get this week so you get an idea of what you get?

Back
Top Bottom