Gran Turismo "Sport"

Soldato
Damn, after not playing this for a while I had a go yesterday and I forgot how great it looks and how good it feels to drive even for a casual. Definitely more realistic than Forza 7, at least on a pad. I really like both but GT just feels and looks sleeker and more "professional".

Hoping for the weather update they mentioned, would be great.

Soldato
They said they'd add some weather conditions to certain tracks at some point but nothing's been officially announced yet. I think weather (not dynamic most likely, though) is coming for sure, they've already added a fair amount of stuff since release.

Soldato
Well I picked it up and honestly it is better than I expected given how much I dislike GT5 and 6. The handling is much improved and is lively and enjoyable even with a pad. Cars do seem very keen to get their back out, 200hp rear wheel drive cars at about 25% throttle when going around a hairpin slowly in a high gear!

The car selection is disappointing but I actually quite like the "museum" things and have spent a bit of time going over them for little digestible snippets of a manufacturers history.

The single player "campaign" however is disappointing - and I wasn't expecting much as it is designed to primarily be an online esports game. The same fricking rolling starts with you at the back of the fricking grid and the leaders with a fricking 25 second lead and you have two laps to get past them all!? it's easy enough to do but not really racing and I haven't had a "battle" with another car yet. The driving school is too padded too, do we really need to show we can start from a standstill in three different cars!!??

I'm enjoying the "perfect the track" mode though and I am getting the hang of a few of my cars so I might try some online races now.

Associate
Found I’ve just got bored of this. Much prefer project cars format how you can just drive any car, can’t be bothered to grind. I took project cars 2 back the day after I picked it up as was HUGELY dissapointed; Gfx were a backwards step and handling rubbish on a pad. Same as Dirt 4 what a huge dissaointnent; far inferior to dirt rally. Dirt rally is the only truly awesome racing game imo.

Soldato
Picked it up from PSN for £12 - only been working through the driving tests so far, and the handling is much improved from GT games of old (imo) - though, I did win a Ferrari 458 Italia the other day, and took that out on track - only to find the handling on it is terrible; like it's constantly understeering and skating on ice.

Hopefully this is just a one off issue, as it's been quite enjoyable so far.

Soldato
Anyone have experience with getting none ps4 wheels working on GT sport? My brother has a crazy direct OSW wheel setup I would like to try.

Soldato
Found I’ve just got bored of this. Much prefer project cars format how you can just drive any car, can’t be bothered to grind. I took project cars 2 back the day after I picked it up as was HUGELY dissapointed; Gfx were a backwards step and handling rubbish on a pad. Same as Dirt 4 what a huge dissaointnent; far inferior to dirt rally. Dirt rally is the only truly awesome racing game imo.

There is no grind wtf are you on about? Have you even played it?

Soldato
There is no grind wtf are you on about? Have you even played it?

There kind of is, though, it depends on what you'd term 'grind'. I think BGGLP means that not having access to all the cars, ala Project Cars, and having to buy them, means there's a 'grind' to earn money.

I've only done the first tier and a bit of the training, and have only accumulated about 460,000 credits - and 4-5 'free' cars.

Soldato
There kind of is, though, it depends on what you'd term 'grind'. I think BGGLP means that not having access to all the cars, ala Project Cars, and having to buy them, means there's a 'grind' to earn money.

I've only done the first tier and a bit of the training, and have only accumulated about 460,000 credits - and 4-5 'free' cars.

Grind is doing the same race 5 times to have the credits to buy an upgrade to win a race then followed by doing another race 5 times to buy a car compatible with the only next available race.

There's none of that. None. You get cars thrown at you as you progress

Soldato
Grind is doing the same race 5 times to have the credits to buy an upgrade to win a race then followed by doing another race 5 times to buy a car compatible with the only next available race.

There's none of that. None. You get cars thrown at you as you progress

That's you personal definition of it - someone else may think that having to complete X, Y and Z series to also be a grind. Or, as is the case with GT Sport - you have to rank up your driver level to unlock tracks to use in the arcade mode; some might view having to work their way through the tests as a 'grind' as well...

Associate
Anyone else having trouble connecting? I only just picked it up and spent 5 hours last night playing the single player and it said it couldn't save at time but if left in suspended mode would save once connected. Turned on this morning and still no luck after pressing reconnect countless times. can't find any reports of servers not working and other games working fine and downloaded a game overnight, Will be so mad if this is a 'bug' and lost all that progress

Associate
Anyone else having trouble connecting? I only just picked it up and spent 5 hours last night playing the single player and it said it couldn't save at time but if left in suspended mode would save once connected. Turned on this morning and still no luck after pressing reconnect countless times. can't find any reports of servers not working and other games working fine and downloaded a game overnight, Will be so mad if this is a 'bug' and lost all that progress

Rebooted game and connected fine so obviously a bug. Lost all my hard work so a bit peeved off!!

Soldato
Just picked up deluxe version for 20 odd quid in the ps sale. I'm a big sim racer on PC, just saw it and took a stab, just want something not so serious to mess around with on the sofa with pretty visuals. It's ok to be honest, although I thought it was meant to be 60fps.

Any tips for setting up the controller to get it as smooth as possible? I've turned all the aids off but driving just feels a bit flicky to me. Surprisingly I found the rallying brilliant.

Soldato
Just picked up deluxe version for 20 odd quid in the ps sale. I'm a big sim racer on PC, just saw it and took a stab, just want something not so serious to mess around with on the sofa with pretty visuals. It's ok to be honest, although I thought it was meant to be 60fps.

Any tips for setting up the controller to get it as smooth as possible? I've turned all the aids off but driving just feels a bit flicky to me. Surprisingly I found the rallying brilliant.

Have you tried motion controls? A few other forums were recommending it and it works surprisingly well, it feels better than the analogue sticks after using it for a while at least.

Back
Top Bottom