AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Associate
The one thing you didn't realise you needed until you bought them and now you wonder how you survived without them.

These things are amazing.

Commissario
Alternatively, in my ear, they won't stand up to running at all. They feel loose and I'm not confident that I won't lose them.

With a set of Earskinz though, yes, absolutely because they add just enough grip that I'm very confident that they'll never fall out. The slightly better fit means that the sound is improved as well.

wwysxdf.jpeg

Soldato
Are there any silicone grips like the above that fit inside the charging case? The fit is OK but I can tell that if they were more snug it would sound much better.

My Powerbeats 3 finally died yesterday (over 3 years of being thrown around a gym bag and worn nearly every day, quite happy with that!), so giving Airpods a go. The sound quality is not nearly as good, but I'm hoping the convenience makes up for it. I wish they made Powerbeats with a battery case :(.

Commissario
I've noticed over the last few weeks that the battery in my charging case seems to be dropping quicker than ever. After a week with a couple of hours use (maximum) per day on audiobook listening, it's been very low, down in the single figure percentages.

I was passing Lakeside today so popped into the Apple store to ask if this was to be expected.

He looked at the case, looked at the AirPods, looked at my phone, said "I'll be back in a couple of minutes" and true to his word, he returned quite quickly and swapped the case for a new one.

He explained that even though they're out of warranty, battery issues mean they replace it without question.

That made me happy :)

Man of Honour
I always thought these looked ridiculous... but after my Sennheister Wireless earphones died I picked up a set after getting an iPhone 8, these things are brilliant, sound good, work great with my iDevices and it’s handy having the touch controls.

Associate
I had a set of Sennheiser Momentum Free wireless earphones before
Thanks. Fairly decent earphones then. Can you compare the sound for me please? I use some momentum 2 on ears with a dragonfly dac on an iPhone 7+ and the sound is pleasing to me. Obviously it’s a ball ache carrying it all about and I have been contemplating some of these for when I want to be a bit more portable. I have been using the lightning to 3.5 converter with the same headphones and they are ok. However, it’s not the best solution in the world. Aside from the fact these AirPods look completely ridiculous, how good are they? I mainly listen to FLAC files and occasionally Apple Music. :)

Soldato
Thanks. Fairly decent earphones then. Can you compare the sound for me please? I use some momentum 2 on ears with a dragonfly dac on an iPhone 7+ and the sound is pleasing to me. Obviously it’s a ball ache carrying it all about and I have been contemplating some of these for when I want to be a bit more portable. I have been using the lightning to 3.5 converter with the same headphones and they are ok. However, it’s not the best solution in the world. Aside from the fact these AirPods look completely ridiculous, how good are they? I mainly listen to FLAC files and occasionally Apple Music. :)

They sound fantastic for their size to be fair, a good level better than stock normal headphones. I put a black and grey carbon wrap over mine and they look good now.

Keep ur expectations realistic and you will be pleased. Best sounding headphones for their size, portability and price imo.

Sure there are other great sounding in ear headphones but way more money and not as brilliant to use as these in day to day life.

Soldato
They sound fantastic for their size to be fair, a good level better than stock normal headphones. I put a black and grey carbon wrap over mine and they look good now.

Keep ur expectations realistic and you will be pleased. Best sounding headphones for their size, portability and price imo.

Sure there are other great sounding in ear headphones but way more money and not as brilliant to use as these in day to day life.
Mind linking the wrap? Got some pics?

Echo most of the above, I have quite a few sets of ear/headphones and use the AirPods almost daily for a few hours each day. The portability and battery life is ridiculously impressive. Sound is also pretty good - as most Apple products a little high on price, but the use and overall usability makes up for it.

Soldato
Yeah, you can get better sounding earphones than airpods, but for ease of use, they're my most used headphone/earphones often using them over my Sennheiser cans.

I use them most at work, always have one ear in and often after music stops playing I forget I have them in my ear as you just don't notice them there. I also love how the audio always works with my iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Soldato

Echo most of the above, I have quite a few sets of ear/headphones and use the AirPods almost daily for a few hours each day. The portability and battery life is ridiculously impressive. Sound is also pretty good - as most Apple products a little high on price, but the use and overall usability makes up for it.

@Combat squirrel I second this:)

Just got myself some and would maybe think about a wrap if its easy to do.

Soldato

@Combat squirrel I second this:)

Just got myself some and would maybe think about a wrap if its easy to do.

Surely you guys heard of google? ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AirPods-Ea...880&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=airpods+carbon+wrap

Associate
I'm still debating about whether to get a pair of these. I got myself a pair of BeatsX on launch thinking I'd only lose the AirPods and having a real inear earphone is better than the Earpod form factor.

I was eyeing up the Sony WF-SP700N but after reports of video syncing issues and cutouts I got put off.

Sooooo my question now is, do I get a pair of AirPods today or do I wait for the 2nd Gen?

Associate
I just got a pair over the weekend and I'm really pleasantly surprised at how decent they are. They still look ridiculous but the fit is pretty nice, I don't have to keep messing to reseal them like I do with IEM's, and the sound quality is better than I expected.

I got mine for £113 delivered from eBay for a sealed box so I'd say it's worth it if you can get something like that,should be easy to sell on when the second gen is released of you needed to and you should get your money back for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom