Wi-Fi on long haul flights?

Soldato
Hey guys,

End of the month I am traveling to Brazil for family circumstances and would like to know if there is likely to be on-board Wi-Fi for the main journey (11-12 hours).

Now, I am aware that there are charges, just if anyone knows the South America routes and the ability to get internet?

Cheers guys!

Soldato
Don't bother using wifi for the first couple of hours. It gets bogged down so badly by everyone updating their social status (urgh). After that you should be fine. Don't expect youtube streaming speeds, but enough to get some messages out.

Soldato
OP
I have family over there, and been twice before, and I can say the people are not much worse than any other place that is poverty stricken.

Soldato
There are different variants the one which is used in on the new A350'sis meant to be far better than the system used on internal flights around America. Have a quick Wiki about explains all, how much better it is I have no idea.

Worth checking out though as it might be useable

Soldato
BA don't have any in flight wifi so you'll be out of luck if you fly with them. Wifi performance differs massively between airlines/providers, I was able to stream F1 qualifying without many issues on a JAL flight. I usually fly Delta or Virgin though and they seem to be OK for general social media/website browsing but not much else.

Soldato
I’ve flown long haul with BA a few times recently and none of the planes including an A380 had WiFi available.

Back
Top Bottom