• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Associate
I quite like the X design for the most part - notch doesn't really bother me, could it smaller yeah.

I can still easily tell the iPhone X apart from other phones with a notch when out and about, If anything the Android phones with notches all seemingly look quite similar.

The X is still quite distinctive in my eyes.

Soldato
I quite like the X design for the most part - notch doesn't really bother me, could it smaller yeah.

I can still easily tell the iPhone X apart from other phones with a notch when out and about, If anything the Android phones with notches all seemingly look quite similar.

The X is still quite distinctive in my eyes.

Not when they're in a case they're not, well I don't think they are.

Soldato
I use my phone... I don't own it so I can wave it about so that people can recognise exactly what phone I have and think 'what a cool guy' or 'oh yeah I like this guy because he doesn't use Android'

Soldato
Sounds like my friend. We had an argument over the X.

Popped round his house and he had his phone on the table and started showing it off to me (not aware that I had my own in my pocket and had mine before him at this stage) and then he told me how he likes to put it in his front pocket of his jacket as people will see what phone it is... Basically admitted he only got it because it's the most expensive phone and you see famous people with it.

Literally annoyed me so much. It's a bloody phone, not a status symbol.

Associate
Not when they're in a case they're not, well I don't think they are.
To you...

I recognise iPhone X off the front alone, so whether they're in a case or not, I easily spot them.

Each to their own, but I personally can distinguish the X from Androids with Notches on first glance.

Anyway 2018 Lineup latest news/rumours via Ming-Chi Kuo, wider colour selection and again mentions cheaper pricing (thankfully):

We expect the demands for the new 6.5" OLED iPhone will be better than iPhone X because of similar or lower price but with larger display, dual-sim dual-standby (DSDS), and three possible casing colors (black, white, and gold).

The new 6.1" LCD iPhone is expected to boost better-replacement demands than iPhone 8/8s did due to being equipped with full-screen, Face ID, selling price lower than $700 USD, DSDS and five possible casing colors (grey, white, blue, red, and orange).
https://www.macrumors.com/2018/07/05/2018-iphones-gold-red-blue-orange-more/

The Gold will very likely look like this iPhone X Prototype that passed through FFC last year:
qRHuKGk.jpg
WYiVBCT.png

Soldato
iOS is a better experience overall than Android IMO. Hence why I only had my Android device 3-4 months..

Well I use both regularly and iOS is not without its issues. Personally I'm finding Oreo on a Galaxy a very good experience. As said they both have their faults as well as their pluses.

The bugs with iOS 11 have been well documented. As said though in my initial post this isn't about Apple bashing. I simply said I find the 8 plus more to my liking than the X, it's nothing tangible, it just feels right.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I use both regularly and iOS is not without its issues. Personally I'm finding Oreo on a Galaxy a very good experience. As said they both have their faults as well as their pluses.

The bugs with iOS 11 have been well documented. As said though in my initial post this isn't about Apple bashing. I simply said I find the 8 plus more to my liking than the X, it's nothing tangible, it just feels right.
Could never go back to a physical home button and huge bezels to be honest, I’ve been spoiled by Face ID and a gesture based UI.

Soldato
Finally I've just got iPhone X !!! would you please recommend the case of this to me? I've been using SPIGNE? SPIGEN? for long time.
their full cover glass did really great job. I'm now on amazon to buy something for my new iPhone X. now on 15% off with case and lens protector for iphone x
Is this the best option? What do you guys think??

Would you not have been better waiting until September when you could then see some better options and probably better pricing? That is what I will be doing.

Associate
I’ve just got the Tozo ultra thin case, I can’t believe how thin it is. I’ve had tons of cases over the years, so many claiming to be thin, but this really makes the phone feel like it’s very barely got a case. Impressive.

Soldato
I’ve just got the Tozo ultra thin case, I can’t believe how thin it is. I’ve had tons of cases over the years, so many claiming to be thin, but this really makes the phone feel like it’s very barely got a case. Impressive.

Thing is, do you want the phone to look great but not be able to withstand a drop, or would you rather have a phone that doesn't shatter when you drop it? The review of the Tozo makes clear it will only prevent the odd scratch or ding, not a drop. Personally I would rather have something which is slightly bulkier e.g. I nearly always use a Spigen. I have dropped my phone any number of times, quite a few in our garage which has a concrete floor. With the Spigen it simply bounces and has never suffered as much as a scratch.

Give me safety over looks any day.

Associate

Popped round his house and he had his phone on the table and started showing it off to me (not aware that I had my own in my pocket and had mine before him at this stage) and then he told me how he likes to put it in his front pocket of his jacket as people will see what phone it is... Basically admitted he only got it because it's the most expensive phone and you see famous people with it.

Not sure whether to hate on your mate or be jealous something so meaningless makes him happy.

Soldato
You know, there has been a lot of criticism over the IPX "notch" which tbh, I like. :)

Mainly as it separates the notifications panel (to the left of notch) and the control center (to right of the notch).

Each to his own though I guess..

Soldato

Tell that to Apple or the college and uni students walking around with an IPX since release, now with cracks or chips on the screen.

Soldato
Finally I've just got iPhone X !!! would you please recommend the case of this to me? I've been using SPIGNE? SPIGEN? for long time.
their full cover glass did really great job. I'm now on amazon to buy something for my new iPhone X. now on 15% off with case and lens protector for iphone x
Is this the best option? What do you guys think??

I have mine in a Torro Leather case with a Spigen glass screen protector. Not the thinnest but the quality is superb and the phone is well protected. It survived being pinched by my puppy and chomped....

Soldato
Tell that to Apple or the college and uni students walking around with an IPX since release, now with cracks or chips on the screen.

Sadly some people aren't fit to be let loose with two tin cans and a long piece of string. My old cast off phones look just as good when I've finished with them as they day I bought them i.e. indistinguishable from new. It's not difficult to achieve this, just use a decent case. Forget status symbol and looking cool.

Soldato
to be honest I have never, ever had a case for any phone. That ranges from my first phone, the Nokia 5110 up until the iPhone X. I just have never found a case that I like.

Less to do with seeing as a status symbol and more to do with I just prefer it that way. But I've always had insurance so I never have a broken screen for longer than a day or 2. (Every generation of the iPhone got smashed in some way or another other than my 7+. My 5 met it's untimely end in my car door when i slammed it several times wondering why my door wouldn't shut. Ha. my 3G flew out of my pocket whilst I was on a pogo stick)

Soldato
Sadly some people aren't fit to be let loose with two tin cans and a long piece of string. My old cast off phones look just as good when I've finished with them as they day I bought them i.e. indistinguishable from new. It's not difficult to achieve this, just use a decent case. Forget status symbol and looking cool.

The counter argument to this Apple spent millions designing it a certain way and people then go put a case on it!

I have a case on mine:rolleyes:

Soldato
The counter argument to this Apple spent millions designing it a certain way and people then go put a case on it!

I have a case on mine:rolleyes:

If Apple or any other manufacturer made their phones unbreakable then I wouldn't be using a case myself. Sadly though this only occurs in my dreams not in real life, so sod the aesthetics my wallet means more to me than having an 'uninsured uncased phone'.

Soldato
I have been offered a 256gb X as a yearly upgrade

Currently have a 256gb 8 plus.

Tell me, is it worth it? I need to do somthing as my camera on my 8 plus isnt great since i damaged it (long story)

Back
Top Bottom