Experiences like Sky Diving?

Associate
Hi there,

A family member recently went sky diving and LOVED it and asked the question of what else she could do that gives a similar rush. Apart from bungee jumping I can't really think of anything.

Do you have any suggestions?

Man of Honour
Wing walking and solo sky diving, assuming the friend did a tandem. It takes more time/effort/money to do, but the rush of throwing yourself out of a plane and being in control of your own destiny (to an extent) is far more than being strapped to someone else.

Soldato
When i went travelling I did bungee jump, scuba diving, sky diving and white water rafting.

I'd say the 2 scariest and most rewarding for me was scuba and rafting. I am terrible in water and overcame fears to complete my padi open water and do grade v rafting..

Caporegime
A family member recently went sky diving and LOVED it and asked the question of what else she could do that gives a similar rush. Apart from bungee jumping I can't really think of anything.

Do you have any suggestions?

was there a particular part of it - I mean the freefall or once the shoot was opened?

for the former why not try an bungee jump or zip line or rollercoasters

for the latter why not look into paragliding, hang gliding, or erm.. gliding

Man of Honour
Caporegime
yes i was going to type bungee jumping, but as above, they have all been covered.

its cheap and cheerful doesn't take any training period, compared to sea diving, it's probably the 2nd best to skydiving for out of control adrenaline.

Soldato
yes i was going to type bungee jumping, but as above, they have all been covered.

its cheap and cheerful doesn't take any training period, compared to sea diving, it's probably the 2nd best to skydiving for out of control adrenaline.
Having done both I think bungee jumping is by far more exhilarating. You effectively are doomed until the rope kicks in.
No floating and then falling slowly. It's ground here I come, face first.

I'm going on a mile long zip line in North wales soon, and have done about everything exhilarating you can. I wish it were easy to do the wing jumping as I'd love to do that. Sadly I bet it takes years of training.
My top list would be.

1. Bunjee
2. Sky diving.
3. Single seater race cars
4. Motorbikes
5. Scuba diving.
6. Abseiling
7. GO Karting.
8. Canyoning
9. White Water rafting
10. Shooting guns

Man of Honour
https://www.adrenaline-hunter.com/e...ngee-jumping-from-the-verzasca-dam-220-m/5636

I did this and it was quite the rush. Trying to grab the winch whilst dangling upside down, shaking like a ****ting dog from adrenaline was also an experience!

Due to the curvature of the dam, your mind is convinced that you are going to splat straight into it. No amount of logic and science will convince you otherwise at that time.

Back
Top Bottom