• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Could this be the steal of the century...... ?

Associate
OP
Thanks guys

I hand one go at a silly overclock. 4.7Ghz with adaptive voltage and a -.020V offset

Managed to break the 4K Cinebench barrier. Time so scale it back to the land of sensible

Back to 4.4

Re Ram:- nothing special, just my trusty DDR4 2400 with not great timings. I can overclock it to 2933 on this Mobo, not sure how much difference it will make though.

cb4k.jpg

cpuzram.jpg

Associate
OP
What are your memory speeds and timings like? They really like fast RAM + low latency. :)

IS your Mesh stuck at 2.7GHz?

Excuse the X299 Noob question

How on earth do I find out what my Mesh settings are. A bit of research suggests that this is " Uncore " on the Asus boards, is that correct.

If so what bios settings can I mess about with and what are good target values. Thanks

IMG_4328.jpg

Soldato
It is labeled CPU Cache ratio for ASUS boards. There is a minimum and maximum value in the section above your screenshot. Leave minimum as Auto and tweak the maximum from Auto. At stock its at x27 (so 2.7 GHz Mesh). Most will do around x29 - x31. For voltages you will want to be around the 1v-1.15v mark, don't want to juice the voltages too much here so that's a solid 24/7 long term number, could increase it I guess if your benching. Its the Uncore voltage offset for voltages related to cache. Would set it to manual or use offset with base voltages being 0.9v so you would be looking to offset by around 0.1v-0.25v

Associate
OP
It is labeled CPU Cache ratio for ASUS boards. There is a minimum and maximum value in the section above your screenshot. Leave minimum as Auto and tweak the maximum from Auto. At stock its at x27 (so 2.7 GHz Mesh). Most will do around x29 - x31. For voltages you will want to be around the 1v-1.15v mark, don't want to juice the voltages too much here so that's a solid 24/7 long term number, could increase it I guess if your benching. Its the Uncore voltage offset for voltages related to cache. Would set it to manual or use offset with base voltages being 0.9v so you would be looking to offset by around 0.1v-0.25v
Thanks

I'll have a play about with it.

Associate
OP
Interesting, seems to have gone just a little off the rails in the last month :eek:

Must have just got lucky with the 7960 :cool:

Soldato
Interesting, seems to have gone just a little off the rails in the last month :eek:

As per my original comment in this thread, these sorts of sellers are all over. Their ability to supply the potentially fraudulently acquired or stolen goods has obviously gone now, so they've taken what money they could and will be setting up or stealing another account soon.

At least you are still enjoying your well priced CPU. :)

Permabanned
As per my original comment in this thread, these sorts of sellers are all over. Their ability to supply the potentially fraudulently acquired or stolen goods has obviously gone now, so they've taken what money they could and will be setting up or stealing another account soon.

At least you are still enjoying your well priced CPU. :)
And as I correctly conjectured the person is Eastern European. ;) To be more precise they are Latvian (Janis is a very common Latvian name, similar to our John).

It's interesting as he had sold about 200 items over the past year with no issue, many quite expensive like cameras but over the past month he has decided to do a runner.

I can't say I'm too surprised as the level of corruption in the Latvian police force was higher than say here in the U.K. and this can sometimes permeate it's way through society.

At least with Paypal all those 50 odd people he ripped off would have got their money back. So it's mainly the waste of time and disappointment at not getting the item you were expecting at probably a good price.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are a few listings going around at competitive prices. I know it may surprise some of the hermits, but people do try to clear inventory for one reason or another sometimes...

I sold a 7940X for £750.

Thanks

I'll have a play about with it.

For reference most samples I've used do 3Ghz at 1-1.05v. It's better to set this to a manual voltage, too. You may need more when trying to use the offset function.

Last edited:
Permabanned

You got lucky indeed! From what I can see he/they put up ~60 auctions due to end between the 18th - 27th June. The total amount that Paypal had to pay back was ~ £6,755. :eek:. That can go a long way back in Latvia.

Back
Top Bottom