Leg broken in 12 places and laid up in hozzy!

Soldato
OP
You should have a good long talk with him about possible options for your future. He may mention possibilities that you haven't imagined.

Aye that's the plan, he's a top bloke who I've got a lot of love and respect for. Him and the future mil are up again in a few weeks so I'm going to ask him to come in for a proper chat about things.

Man of Honour
There was some talk a while back of learning software development. If you can get a laptop I to the hospital then the mmtuts channel on YouTube has some great web development tutorials. Learn to create some websites. That will be very productive use of your time.

Soldato
Hope you're holding up and doing well, Vidar.

I'm about to drop into A&E, my big toe joint and underside of my foot in that area has been agony to touch & move for about a week now with no improvement (I can only walk by hobbling on the outside of the foot).

I think I did something to it Thursday before last while running in sand dunes, although I didn't feel anything "go" at the time. Hopefully just a quick plaster job with no B&B.

Edit: Not able to make it up there until this evening so knowing the joys of A&E on Friday nights, I'll go in the morning.

Last edited:
Soldato
i'd be tempted to signup for a trial membership at https://www.thegreatcourses.co.uk/ loads of high quality courses about pretty much everything :)

PS - good luck with the recovery!

Also lynda.com and udemy.com

I'm subscribed to udemy learning code. Loads of great lessons on there.

You could use your time to try learn some kind of new digital skill maybe Vidar. Possibly with idea of working in said area in the future.

Caporegime
Hope you're holding up and doing well, Vidar.

I'm about to drop into A&E, my big toe joint and underside of my foot in that area has been agony to touch & move for about a week now with no improvement (I can only walk by hobbling on the outside of the foot).

I think I did something to it Thursday before last while running in sand dunes, although I didn't feel anything "go" at the time. Hopefully just a quick plaster job with no B&B.

Edit: Not able to make it up there until this evening so knowing the joys of A&E on Friday nights, I'll go in the morning.

not being funny but it doesn't really sound like an "emergency", they'll treat you but you'll be one of the many people who don't really need to be there and cause delays for others

kJweSck.jpg

Soldato
I contacted my GP surgery this morning. They were full up and in their words, "if you think you might have broken something then you'd be just as well going to A&E for an x-ray because that's where the doctor will refer you to anyway".

Pretty sure it's a sesamoid injury. Smarts a bit, I can tell you!

Soldato
OP
They're awesome mate thanks.

So some developments, I've somehow contracted thrush from the hospital bed and that red patch on my leg was cellulitis but at least, so far, I don't need more surgery.

Soldato
They're awesome mate thanks.

So some developments, I've somehow contracted thrush from the hospital bed and that red patch on my leg was cellulitis but at least, so far, I don't need more surgery.

Go home if you can. Hospital sucks. :(

My Mum died in march, It wasn't the illness, it was the utterly ****** hospital food that did for her! :(((((

Back
Top Bottom