PC build: Case recommendation?

Associate
Hi. First timer here and pc building as well. Nice to meet you all.
I've been spending a good 3 weeks researching and putting together my first build. https://************.com/list/ZjtX29
I've bought the ram and motherboard + Gpu will intially be a borrowed 770 2gb. Planning to upgrade to a gtx1080 when prices fall a bit.
I think the build should be pretty decent, but let me know if anything should be changed. At the moment, im just stuck on the case decision. There are so many different ones, and it gets overwhelming.
Initially I got the impression that the Fractal Meshify C was good, but then I started seeing people saying that the front mesh dust filter gets pretty clogged after some time and it's hard to clean.
Afterwards I looked at the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, and it looks good. According to a "top pc cases 2018" Riotoro cr500 was an editor pick. It's cheaper than both the meshify and phanteks, so I'm wondering if they are better?
I've googled and watched several reviews, but I'd like to hear what you think is a good case for ATX size nowadays.
Max budget 120£
Lighting and stuff isn't a requirement, although my Asus motherboard has built in rgb control i think.
Mostly looking for good value and a quality case that I can be happy with in the long term. Tempered glass side preferred.
Looking forward to your input!
Thank you so much

Last edited:
Associate
First off welcome to the ocuk forums!
I have copied your list onto the uk version of ************ (https://uk.************.com/list/6ZHfmq) also i have changed the motherboard as the one you have came up with incompatibilities due to needing a bios update BEFORE you can use the cpu
info taken from ************ (
Potential Issues / Incompatibilities
  • Some AMD X370 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Pinnacle Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.
As for the case, as you said there is a lot of choice out there and can be very overwhelming however there are some key questions to help narrow it down.
do you need a 5.25" drive? will you watercool or air? do you prefer silence over temps? do you have a size limit?

as for the cases you mentioned the meshify C does have great reviews, however i do own the phanteks enthoo pro m and its an amazing case for the price and i think would suit a beginner perfectly.
it has options for watercooling if you decide to go that route, it has a 5.25" drive tray which is removable if needed and great cable management space

Associate
OP
Thank you!
do you need a 5.25" drive?
I dont know. Probably not, unless it's worth it. Computer is primarily intended for personal gaming, and usage.

will you watercool or air?
I'm willing to do both, but I have my eyes on a good air cooler. Watercooling would be purely for aesthetics.

do you prefer silence over temps?
I prefer a good middleground between the two. I do not want an overheating case but also don't want a noisy machine.

do you have a size limit?
Thank you for the x470 suggestion but I already bought the x370 2 weeks ago and the size is ATX. Case size is up to you to recommend.

as for the cases you mentioned the meshify C does have great reviews, however i do own the phanteks enthoo pro m and its an amazing case for the price and i think would suit a beginner perfectly.
it has options for watercooling if you decide to go that route, it has a 5.25" drive tray which is removable if needed and great cable management space
If you think it's a good case, I could go for that. I was just curious if there are any newer choices that I should be aware of, in the price range.
Other cases that i've stumbled upon: NZXT S340 Elite, Meshify C, Corsair 500D, Riotoro CR500

Back
Top Bottom