alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
I can't seem to get G-Sync working. It's enabled on the monitor and in nvidia control panel, but I get tearing in DOOM and PUBG. Any ideas? V-Sync disabled in games.

Associate
Anyone who streams, play games in 16:9 borderless windowed mode and have chat and obs etc or either side of the game? Wondering if that would be a useful single monitor way for games like Overwatch.

Associate
I'm trying to track my monitor, it says "order shipped" with :

Package 1 SYNE click here

I then click, enter my customer number and nothing happens.

What am I missing?

Just LOG IN and you should be fine.

I can't seem to get G-Sync working. It's enabled on the monitor and in nvidia control panel, but I get tearing in DOOM and PUBG. Any ideas? V-Sync disabled in games.

I have noticed exactly same think..with friends monitor. I ordered mine. Should arrive today. I will have to look properly on mine ... it was visible in PUBG on power lines outside .. when moving mouse left and right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Order is still processing. The person I was in contact with through email, her address suddenly doesn't work. Reached out on Twitter and sent out another email. If nothing happens by tomorrow I'll phone up.

No idea why it's taking so long, and why they're so awful and giving a straight answer, if they had said in the first place it was going to take long I wouldn't have mind.

Associate
Mine arrived yesterday after only 4 days from ordering including a weekend!!

Over the moon with the quality. Such an immersive experience, takes a while for my eyes to get used to the curved screen but has transformed gaming for me.

MSI 980ti without an overclocked will manage BF1 on ultra/high at around 70-80FPS for anybody interested.

Some photos but excuse the poor lighting and horrendous mess in the background as we renovate our house.

Associate
Couldn't resist ordering one of these at the current price. Used the 20% blue light discount and purchased via my company meaning an effective cost to me of less than £500. It will be my first taste of high frame rate gaming (as far as the 1080 will take me anyway) and I will appreciate the extra horizontal resolution for work where I typically use a split view on my 2560x1440 32" monitor today.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I think I'm going to cave in... there is no way the LG will come close to this price (£640), and there are so many reports of how good the quality of the Alienware is, I'm sure that I won't be disappointed.

Associate
I think I'm going to cave in... there is no way the LG will come close to this price (£640), and there are so many reports of how good the quality of the Alienware is, I'm sure that I won't be disappointed.

The LG is probably a marginally better product but at a significantly higher cost.

If best value is a significant factor for you then I think the Dell has to win.

Caporegime

You do come across as extremely fussy imo, so just prepare for the worst and when it's not terrible then you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Associate

Not had issues with gsync and pubg. Make sure your Gsync mode is full screen and window. Set vsync mode to FAST best option in my opinion. If you want to be sure gsync is working in nvidia control panel highlight "setup gsync" on left and go up to top menu and select "display" and gsync indicator. This will put a gsync tag on the display to show whether gsync is on or off in your game.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
You do come across as extremely fussy imo, so just prepare for the worst and when it's not terrible then you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

While not entirely wrong, I am a little offended. However, I am intrigued how you came to that assessment from forum posts.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
It's that first world problem thing... I don't need a new monitor per se, so I don't have a sense of urgency. Just putting off parting with a big chunk of cash! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom