Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Guys have a bottle of Sonax BSD which seems to be well regarded but I think I'm doing something wrong as I'm not getting a good finish.

After drying the car how the hell do you use this stuff correctly?

Cheers.
You can dry the car then use it

Or use it as a drying aid

Both ways you spray it onto the car

Soldato
You can dry the car then use it

Or use it as a drying aid

Both ways you spray it onto the car

I understand when to use it but I mean how to use it step by step? I sprayed it onto a dry panel and moved it around abit before buffing off but it just didn't seem to buff off well. I had polished my girls car which left a nice gloss but after the BSD it wasn't as nice.

Soldato
Hi, thought i would get up a quick review as i have used it a few times now. The 1st time i used it, i had a play with all the settings and the snow foam lance and used the supplied bucket, i managed to get through about 4/5 buckets of water before i killed the battery off.
Now i just use the lance and add a little snowfoam to the bucket so it comes out a bit foamy, i have switched back to using my normal bucket, and can washdown the whole car (not roof) with two buckets of water and only use about 1/2 the battery life, the reason i dont do the roof, is the lack of water it sprays out, so it just tends to make all the muck sit on the roof.
I have been waiting for my car to get a bit mucky before i did some before and after pics

The Kit

F8c5MVz.jpg

Some Before and after pics

r4ACfku.jpg

azhpIT4.jpg

Mktd09j.jpg

HWthqh9.jpg

Soldato
Doing a full DA job on mine today. It's the most I've ever gone with cleaning a car. Pretty rewarding but also tiring! Back is in peaces haha.

Started at half 9 and I've still got one half of the car left to do. Though have been chatting with a friend inbetween jobs!

I'm getting quite a bit of white dusting with the Megs Finishing wax so probably getting something wrong. Car is red so at least I know it isn't paint :D

Just a pain as it means wiping down the surrounding panels etc which have already been done.

Drying/curing too quickly, due to the heat I guess.

Associate
Hi guys, it's been a while since I've ventured into this thread so I'm after some quick advice on a few bits of kit to get me started again.

For around £100 where would your money go on the essentials? Just the bits I will use at home to keep on top of the grime! Overall the paint is pretty decent so no need to worry about correction equipment.

Caporegime
Hi guys, it's been a while since I've ventured into this thread so I'm after some quick advice on a few bits of kit to get me started again.

For around £100 where would your money go on the essentials? Just the bits I will use at home to keep on top of the grime! Overall the paint is pretty decent so no need to worry about correction equipment.

I really like Meguiar’s Mirror Bright pack, it is a good starting point with all the basics.

http://www.slamsanctuary.com/tag/meguiars-mirror-bright-review/

Halfords often has it with discount too.

Associate
Sunday's Top Tip:)

When i had a service done on my car i don't know why but the mechanic wrote on top of the air filter housing with some kind of white pen saying what had been done:mad: i tried to get it off with white vinegar it would have taken hours to get it off, then i remembered someone telling me ages ago that wd40 is good at getting rid off things, tried a small amount and i cant believe how good wd40 is, it took it off in under a minute.:)

Soldato
Guys can any of you recommend a decent portable washer? There's no chance of getting the house around mine and the neighbours house so i'm looking for something portable to rinse the car off after i've washed it.

6167480_R_Z001A

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6167480

Would that be O.K or are there better alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom