Is crime going out of control?

Soldato
Can't we all just accept that physically weak people, male or female, shouldn't do jobs where there's a high chance of their weakness being an issue? By all means do another job in the police, but the front line simply isn't for you.

Soldato
The fear of the police is long gone.

You are correct when they have dogs like this as a deterrent :

21kw387.jpg

Caporegime
:D

and remember, even if a member of the public grinding his genitals against you makes you feel uncomfortable just turn to the side, smile nervously and hope it will all be over soon as it is "culture" and you're trying to build links with the community...

Permabanned
I think quoting Norway and Sweden's paltry crime rate and low prison population as an example of a progressive penal system
is fairly spurious, tiny populations, high wages, even higher taxes, low unemployment, minimal immigration and winters that last
8 months makes any serious comparison with the UK or USA statistically problematic.

Caporegime
the Daily Fail sometimes has some gems re: this subject:

guy defends himself from an armed gang who tried to invade his home with metal bars, knives etc.. police arrest him for racially aggravated assault and don't even arrest the intruders, claiming that trespass is a "civil matter"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gthorpe-Norwich-burglary-private-justice.html

Mr Stringer said he was then horrified to see four other men on the other side of a hedge urging their companion with phrases such as: 'Go on my ******, slog him.'

He said: 'I had no strength left, I only had my voice and I tried to find the most shocking words to shout, thinking that if they came through that hedge we could be killed. There was nobody there to save us, we were alone.

'Using their own words, I shouted 'and if you ******s come into my garden I will ****ing hit you with this'. I merely flung their own words back at them. I am not racist.'

The other men retreated to their cars by the gate, where they stood holding a crossbow, claimed Mr Stringer.

Moments before police arrived, the remaining intruder made a 999 call saying he had been attacked by two men, suffered numerous injuries and racially abused.

Five police cars then arrived and officers arrested Mr Stringer and his son on suspicion of a racially aggravated attack. Police briefly questioned the men at the gate but none was arrested.

Mr Stringer was enjoying a Sunday afternoon with his wife and three children aged 26, 24 and 22 at their £2million, 40-room home in Morningthorpe, near Norwich, when three cars pulled up at the gates and a group of men climbed into the grounds.

He rang 999. 'I told the operator we were under attack,' he said. 'I could see at least three men running between the trees. One had a weapon which looked like a crossbow. The others had steel bars.'

When a fourth man armed with what appeared to be a handgun started banging on their glass front door, Mr Stringer said he was compelled to act. He grabbed a child's hockey stick and confronted the intruder.

'My son told me he had seen a gun,' he said. 'I went outside and I kept shouting loudly at him to leave and that the police were on the way.

'I used my hands and the stick to push him away from the house. He kept punching and kicking me. I was by that time bruised, bleeding and utterly exhausted.'

He said police were uninterested in the injuries he suffered and told him the gang had simply entered his garden as civil trespassers and 'done nothing wrong'. Mr Stringer said he later discovered a discarded metal bar and three knives.

Within weeks he was informed that police had closed the file about the trespass.

Now, six months on, he has had to resign as a Norwich magistrate as he would have been unable to launch a private prosecution while sitting on the bench.

so they arrest the homeowner who fought off the attackers but they don't arrest the attackers, despite the report that they were armed...

Caporegime

guy defends himself from an armed gang who tried to invade his home with metal bars, knives etc.. police arrest him for racially aggravated assault and don't even arrest the intruders, claiming that trespass is a "civil matter"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gthorpe-Norwich-burglary-private-justice.html

so they arrest the homeowner who fought off the attackers but they don't arrest the attackers, despite the report that they were armed...

My dad is dealing with one at the minute. A chap who worked for him turned up drunk one day. Sexually assaulted the receptionist, shouted racist abuse at 2 other staff members and then threatened to kill my dad. The police have contacted him today to say they won't be taking any action due to insufficient evidence!

8 witnesses. Insufficient evidence! Brilliant.

Caporegime
My dad is dealing with one at the minute. A chap who worked for him turned up drunk one day. Sexually assaulted the receptionist, shouted racist abuse at 2 other staff members and then threatened to kill my dad. The police have contacted him today to say they won't be taking any action due to insufficient evidence!

How about this one - "insufficient evidence" again being used as an excuse by a lazy police officer to not investigate a death threat from a motorist despite the incident being captured on camera... though in this case the victim was a QC and that sort of nonsense excuse didn't wash with him so he wrote to the director of public prosecutions and sure enough the motorist was fined:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/justice-for-cyclist-after-death-threat-on-camera-7310995.html

Soldato
I think quoting Norway and Sweden's paltry crime rate and low prison population as an example of a progressive penal system
is fairly spurious, tiny populations, high wages, even higher taxes, low unemployment, minimal immigration and winters that last
8 months makes any serious comparison with the UK or USA statistically problematic.

Congrats on listing reasons why Sweden & Norway have more civilised humans whilst also stating it wouldn't be fair to compare because they have better conditions than us :rolleyes:

Soldato

You know, I get the suspicious feeling that there might be slightly more to that story. I suppose it's possible the police ignored the men with a crossbow and a gun, and that the poor innocent man was forced to resign for reasons completely unrelated to his use of the N word.

Caporegime
You know, I get the suspicious feeling that there might be slightly more to that story. I suppose it's possible the police ignored the men with a crossbow and a gun, and that the poor innocent man was forced to resign for reasons completely unrelated to his use of the N word.

He's resigned to pursue a private prosecution. It's not clear there were either a crossbow or handgun. There do appear to have been knives and metal bars though. And the police didn't even arrest the intruders in spite of the attack.

Soldato
You honestly think if they had a gun and a crossbow the police would let them go?

Maybe there's more to this than just his side of the story.

Caporegime
You honestly think if they had a gun and a crossbow the police would let them go?

Maybe there's more to this than just his side of the story.

I've not claimed they had those, as I already posted:

It's not clear there were either a crossbow or handgun. There do appear to have been knives and metal bars though.

You think it is OK for someone to be attacked while at home and the police to not even arrest and bring in for questioning the armed gang who were at the scene?

Soldato
No I don't. And neither does any other cop I know.

Which makes me think maybe the daily mail are twisting things for their own gain.

Just a suggestion.

Caporegime
No I don't. And neither does any other cop I know.

Which makes me think maybe the daily mail are twisting things for their own gain.

Just a suggestion.

Well if you can show that they were intact arrested then go ahead and share the link... seemingly the home owner was arrested following the altercation but the other parties weren't despite claims of an attack.

Caporegime

With the CPS in turmoil, i wouldn't be surprised, but you can blame the thief that is the current Prime Minister for that.

Soldato
:D

and remember, even if a member of the public grinding his genitals against you makes you feel uncomfortable just turn to the side, smile nervously and hope it will all be over soon as it is "culture" and you're trying to build links with the community...

Good ol’ Notting Hill Carnage. Everyone there knows the police will ignore pretty much anything short of GBH for fear of kicking off a riot.

If there's something diverse in your neighbourhood...
Who you gonna call?

Notting Hill Carnival Boarding Up Shopfronts, Homes & Businesses North West London

Every year the famous Notting Hill Carnival takes over the streets of North West London and property owners are forced to protect their homes, walls, garden fences and gates from damage. Our boarding up services and 24hr glazing services are available to help you protect your home with a 20% discount.

http://lockedout-locksmiths.co.uk/notting-hill-carnival-boarding-up-service

I'd rather go with the sentry guns from Aliens.

Caporegime
Good ol’ Notting Hill Carnage. Everyone there knows the police will ignore pretty much anything short of GBH for fear of kicking off a riot.

and every year there are more calls to move it to a park where it can be properly policed/secured - people checked for knives etc.. instead of cramming a load of people down narrow streets with no toilet facilities etc..

Back
Top Bottom