Waffles

Soldato
A new place has opened on my local high street called Kaspas. It sells Waffles/Crepes with ice cream. I saw it as I was driving past today and I thought hhhmmm, that sounds nice.

I have everything I think is needed for waffles (including buttermilk and a waffle maker (christmas present I haven't actually got around to using yet)) but wondered if anyone had a go to recipe rather than me just relying on one I find on the web.

Soldato
I don’t know what it is but when I make a batch, the first one always goes in the bit. I either over fill it, burn it or it’ll stick.

2nd one onwards is always perfect.

How do you clean the waffle maker? Are you just using hot water or fairy liquid? If the latter you're removing any coating it is building up and then having to rebuild it the next time around meaning your first one is junk.

Soldato
It sells Waffles/Crepes with ice cream
ask them about their recipe - yeast yes/no ?
would be interesting to try the ale yeast from link ... does that avoid the characteristic dried yeast taste.

re irons : most are non-stick though, so its not like seasoning a frying pan, where detergent will kill surface (thought you had a nordicware non-stick stove-top Raymond - from last discussion) so like pancakes, (and discussed here ) usually uneven temp , or too much oil kills first one.

[would still like a rotating kitchen-aid one but they are £250 (a practical kitchen-aid appliance -lol) but i use a cuisiunart, with a beaten egg-whites fold in recipe]

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Have never bought maple syrup in the USA, but I assume it must be much cheaper than the UK (£12/L Kirkstone) since you always get an unlimited supply in the likes of IHOP,
it's price in the UK limits the enjoyment of waffles/pancakes.

The butter/cream material (small ice cream scoop) they serve on waffles/pancakes in the USA is good too, for flavour , is there a UK equivalent.?

Soldato
Have never bought maple syrup in the USA, but I assume it must be much cheaper than the UK (£12/L Kirkstone) since you always get an unlimited supply in the likes of IHOP,
it's price in the UK limits the enjoyment of waffles/pancakes.

The butter/cream material (small ice cream scoop) they serve on waffles/pancakes in the USA is good too, for flavour , is there a UK equivalent.?
I noticed a lot of the 'Maple Syrup' I saw in america was actually maple flavoured syrup, not the real kind you get from the tree. Guessing it's much cheaper

Associate

You can buy maple butter in the UK (I use maple moose). I know it's not exactly what you're talking about but it still makes all sorts of things delicious, hot cross buns smothered in it are amazing!

Soldato
I noticed a lot of the 'Maple Syrup' I saw in america was actually maple flavoured syrup
yes you're right it appears Denny's and IHOP is high fructose corn syrup ... wonder what agarve syrup would be like

I know it's not exactly what you're talking about but it still makes all sorts of things delicious, hot cross buns smothered in it are amazing!
ok apparently it's whipped butter https://www.thespruceeats.com/homemade-whipped-butter-427820 .. have to make some up.

Soldato
more gratuity needed
next meme is an embedded meme ? Denny's tweet made use of a popular 'zoom in' meme

C53EpikXEAEJxvy.jpg:small

Back
Top Bottom