Cooler for I5-8600k

Associate
I am working on new gaming PC and looking for a cooler but the site from which I am buying everything (live in spain - https://www.pccomponentes.com/ -- you may need VPN to access, they seem to be region blocked) don't have many air cooler options. I think the best air cooler option that fits my case is the Phanteks TC12DX. Would it be enough for moderate overclocking? What about OC up to 5GHz? Or should I go with a AIO, if so, which one.

Also how much OC would you recommend for a complete beginner?

Please don't recommend things which aren't on the site if possible.

Thanks for any help.

CPU: Intel i5-8600K
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-A
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB GDDR5X
Storage: Crucial MX500 SSD 250GB SATA + Seagate BarraCuda 3.5" 2TB SATA3
PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular
Case: NZXT H500i USB 3.1 Black

Soldato
This forum is hosted by a UK based PC parts supplier so linking to competitors is not permitted.

I'm not sure if this changes for people outside the UK but it should be mentioned!

Try searching the forums for advice on coolers, there a lots of good discussions :)

Soldato
I am working on new gaming PC and looking for a cooler but the site from which I am buying everything (live in spain - https://www.pccomponentes.com/ -- you may need VPN to access, they seem to be region blocked) don't have many air cooler options. I think the best air cooler option that fits my case is the Phanteks TC12DX. Would it be enough for moderate overclocking? What about OC up to 5GHz? Or should I go with a AIO, if so, which one.

Also how much OC would you recommend for a complete beginner?

Please don't recommend things which aren't on the site if possible.

Thanks for any help.

CPU: Intel i5-8600K
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-A
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB GDDR5X
Storage: Crucial MX500 SSD 250GB SATA + Seagate BarraCuda 3.5" 2TB SATA3
PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular
Case: NZXT H500i USB 3.1 Black
Your case will allow CPU coolers up to 165mm tall.

Your RAM is 44mm tall so requires coolers that are more than 50mm center CPU toward RAM to have 39mm from bottom of fins to top of CPU and if fan is over RAM it must be a 120mm fan.

Your motherboard has 91mm center CPU to near sided of top x16 PCIe. There is a x1 PCIe 69mm from center CPU, but most peeps don't use it.

A good site to discuss coolers that allows links to all suppliers is overclock.net air cooling forum. Hopefully OcUK will let me post this to you because you are not in UK to buy from them.

What is the most you want to pay for a cooler?
Phanteks PH-TC14PE refurbish for €51.75 is a very good deal for a very good cooler. To fit 2x fans put first fan in middle on front tower and 2nd fan on back of back tower.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom