Considering an LG g6 upgrade from p9

Soldato
The P9 is great but the LG g6 has waterproofing and a slightly bigger battery. And a headphone socket.

The above things I'd consider a decent upgrade, the rest of the specs I don't really care about but are nice to have.

I'm at end of contract so I'm looking to reduce my phone contract and get an upgraded phone at the same time, and I don't want to pay more per month .

I know the LG g6 is not new but it's an upgrade for me that will cost less per month.

What are the direct competitors to the LG g6.

Thanks

Soldato
OP
I was contemplating a p20 Pro or a mate 10 Pro from Huawei, as they are waterproof but a little pricey And they don't have a headphone jack so they are basically ruled out.

Soldato
G6 is a decent phone but LG are utterly woeful at updates.
Mate 10 Pro is a really nice phone but EMUI is just awful.
I'm currently using an OP6 and it's awsome. Possibly my favourite phone so far that I've owned.

Soldato
OP
Huawei are woeful at updates too.
I use nova launcher though so it's not really an issue, although EMUI latest version on my P9 is fine, better than stock Google interface imo.

Soldato
I had the G6 from launch until I got the P20 Pro on release. The lack of updates for the G6 really put me off the phone in the end (it was still on Nougat when I sold it on). That coupled with the terrible battery life by the time the phone was a year old. I'd stay away from the G6.

Personally I quite like EMUI once you customise it a little to be less like an IOS clone. Updates seem to be good too, at least for the P20 Pro. I seem to get an update each month or so I would say.

Soldato
Is the Mate 10 pro a good update from an LG G6 then because the battery life on my g6 is really not that great..

Oh no SD card slot on the Mate 10 pro :(

Soldato
I've got the G6 and I have to say I love it!

I am not too fussed about having the very latest software 2 minutes after it's released - in my experience they cause more problems than they solve!

Soldato
Battery life is excellent on it. Possibly the best on any phone I've ever used.

Yeah i am very tempted but i dont think i can let go off my G6 just yet i had issues with the battery but a factory reset seem to have fixed it now..will see how it goes in the next few days :).

Back
Top Bottom