No Man’s Sky Next

Soldato
Worth nothing that an FOV setting was introduced in one of the post-launch updates, which fixed my main gripe with the PS4 version.

Soldato
I tried it again after the Atlas update and there's enough to do while you're building up a base and follow the Atlas path etc. but boredom does eventually kick in. The procedural generation of worlds is interesting to start but ends up with each environment being a slightly different version of the last and is ultimately very sterile.

Multiplayer probably adds a lot more but I'm not into that aspects of most games myself.

Does look good though if not ultra realistic in style so I'll checkout the latest updates.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking forward to playing this tonight, never bought it on PS4 when it launched due to the stuff that was missing, 2 years later and I'm hyped again but for Xbox which I didn't expect to happen.

Soldato
Looking forward to playing this tonight, never bought it on PS4 when it launched due to the stuff that was missing, 2 years later and I'm hyped again but for Xbox which I didn't expect to happen.
Nice I thought it was later in the week :) will take a look too if I can pull myself away from persona 5

Soldato
Downloaded NMS from my PS4 library yesterday in preparation, quite eager to see whats changed since I last played (pre foundation update).

I'm hoping multiplayer is not a separate mode, I would much rather just randomly encounter another player on my travels, as much as it is unlikely.

Soldato
From what I gather multiplayer is you and a a party of up to 4 friends. Or instanced solo but with 4 randoms at any time?
Not too sure but that's the impression I get from a podcast I listened to covering a recent interview

Soldato
From what I gather multiplayer is you and a a party of up to 4 friends. Or instanced solo but with 4 randoms at any time?
Not too sure but that's the impression I get from a podcast I listened to covering a recent interview

That would be ok, the party mp element would not interest me in this I don't think. But solo with chance of meeting up to 4 players at any one time sounds ok if its implemented into solo mode but doesn't occur to much.

Soldato
That would be ok, the party mp element would not interest me in this I don't think. But solo with chance of meeting up to 4 players at any one time sounds ok if its implemented into solo mode but doesn't occur to much.
Yeah same. I don't get my hopes up for obvious reasons but it seems like it's heading in a good direction.

Apparently they want to include incentives like weekly challenges for players to aim for as they play which is pretty cool if you get good rewards

Soldato
Do you need start a new save for Next?

I was considering doing it anyway, as I don't have much of a base to speak of right now, but I do have a 48slot ship and maxed backpack/multitool

Soldato
I'll be starting again, really looking forward to it!

Anyone know if they've made remote play on the vita better? Found it near unplayable at launch, due to controls

Associate
I'm tempted to start again, picked it up again last week to see if the foundation update was any good and it's been a nice change of pace to actually have more than one thing to do. Few of us are sat waiting for the update and when we can actually all get online going to see how we get on as far as getting to meet up

Associate
I'm interested in picking this up, looks like a game I could easily spend a couple of hours in just plodding around. Where's the best place to get it, CDKeys?

Associate
OP
Gonna fire this up later. Think I’ll start again though not sure yet. Probably best to though to get the full experience for how Xbox players will be experiencing it for the first time. Interested to see how they’ve pushed the Gfx and if draw distance and frame rates have improved on the pro. I just hope variation of the planets is much more varied than before as this game suffered from an ititial wow factor to a realisation of is this it?

Back
Top Bottom