Two Point Hospital

Soldato
I've never heard of Voidu, are they safe? I'll snap it up at that price if they are.
Voidu are on the list of approved Ubisoft resellers so you would assume they are legit.

/Edit - Just purchased it from Voidu, paid by PayPal which appears to have bumped the price up by £1 but transaction was smooth and key activated on Steam without a problem.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been following this for a while now and it seems to be shaping up well.
Just pre-ordered it using that code for £15.29 and the key worked fine.

Thanks for posting the link and the code.

Fingers crossed that it was worth a pre-order, thinking back to what they did with SimCity, when I did the same with that

Soldato
Really? I'm not into mobile games at all though I do have a Shield tablet so would be interested to know what you're comparing it to !?! I didn't think this type of game would be playable on a mobile at all :confused:

I mean the map/scenario screen with the star ratings. How everything is 'poppy' and cartoonish. The pop up dude/text at the bottom. This will be on the App store soon after PC no doubt.

Soldato
I mean the map/scenario screen with the star ratings. How everything is 'poppy' and cartoonish. The pop up dude/text at the bottom. This will be on the App store soon after PC no doubt.
I think the cartoon style visuals suits the obviously humorous nature of the game nicely. As for it becoming a mobile port I don't think this is likely, I think object placement / sizing / rotation would be too difficult to implement which seems to be backed up by the scarcity of these types of games on mobile platforms.

Soldato
I've been watching about 10 mins of Quill playing this. Can you not customise the walls etc? With how custom Planet Coaster is etc, i'd have thought there would be a little more customisation other than building a rectangle room and adding a plant pot here and there.

Soldato
I've been watching about 10 mins of Quill playing this. Can you not customise the walls etc? With how custom Planet Coaster is etc, i'd have thought there would be a little more customisation other than building a rectangle room and adding a plant pot here and there.

Two different games from two different companies etc though? Why expect that when it is based off of Theme Hospital. With that though I do wish there was room finishes and chamfered and L-shape rooms.

Associate
I'm sure i have seen a video somewhere where they had rooms that were not just square but had a bit sticking out, can't seen too remember where though

Soldato
Two different games from two different companies etc though? Why expect that when it is based off of Theme Hospital. With that though I do wish there was room finishes and chamfered and L-shape rooms.

The two games comparison was more with Planet coaster being based on theme park etc with todays game design. :)

Soldato
The two games comparison was more with Planet coaster being based on theme park etc with todays game design. :)

Yeah I just don't think that is really a comparison that is needed. The developer seems to have wanted to keep the same nostalgic gameplay that their original game Theme Hospital gave rather than switch it up.

Tbh I am glad that Frontier haven't looked at doing such a reboot type game as theme hospital though as their games are dreadful when it comes to management side of it and have real lack of depth or interest beyond making things look pretty both in Planet Coaster and Jurassic World Evolution.

Now if we could have a mash up of The Sims house builder (the latest version really is very well thought out even if the rest of the game lacks from the older versions), the flexibility of planet coaster terrain editor, foliage and placement tools and the management that two point studios or Introversion Software creates then I would be all in for that game. Two Point I think has kept it fresh enough with the new illnesses and the staff, humour etc but kept the classic but slightly simple design aspect to give a longer living game than it being the other way around.

Yes the stars system I dislike. I would have preferred a more detailed report with a percentage score that you had to achieve by an inspector rating your hospital rather than the magic star system. I don't think the second currency makes sense for unlocking or how you achieve it and rather you should have a purchasing department that research new items for you to be able to buy with your income and as you build new structures/rooms etc then the purchaser will look at better versions, new elements to suit those new structure/rooms. But those are minor issues compared to the overall of the game.

Man of Honour
Preordered with Voidu too, £15 is a steal imo. I'm surely guaranteed to get 15 hours out of it, so it would meet my £ per hour requirement :)

Back
Top Bottom