• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Never been overclocked..........

Caporegime
I believe you wanted forums.stockclockers.co.uk ;)

To be fair to him most hardware is factory overclocked now what with boost technology and stuff. AMD hardware in particular tends to be clocked/volted close to the limit of the die and only limited by the TDP/cooling.

Soldato
I believe you wanted forums.stockclockers.co.uk ;)

Go to the graphic card section when some still arguing that AMD burns more power than Nvidia and we all should have money (in 40 years of continuous use). Which is correct for the FE card but not for the factory overclocked ones.
They burn 25% more.....(GTX1080Ti Xtreme at normal factory OC was burning 330W, the V64 Nitro+ with just the turbo setting 270W)

@mmj_uk no is not the case on GPUs. See above. If I manually overclock the V64 it goes to 350W, but at max stock clocks is only 270W. On the contrary my 1080Ti Xtreme was burning 330W at boost clocks (factory OC) and 380W when I pushed it

Soldato
Yeah its obvious that most are not telling the truth and selling on a lemon of a CPU. But since my early Athlonxp days I have never overclocked any of my CPU, actually i have gone in reverse direction down clocking and reducing voltages. I cant stand noisy PC.

Even though i buy with intention of overclocking, i never do. Buying second hand CPU is not really bothered me because i don't overclock.

i should go and start my registration at stockclockers.co.uk:D

Soldato
Your thoughts ?
My last CPU 4770k & GA-Z87X-OC was not overclocked as the system would crash if overclocked even by about 100mhz

And my system am using now which is 8700k & ROG Maximus X Formula Z370 board has also not been overclocked for the last few weeks as am to lazy to put the overclock settings back in...:o

Soldato
Every CPU from the days of my P1 150mhz has been overclocked. (Managed a massive 166mhz!)
Whilst I realise there are people out there who don't, on a forum like this in surprised how many don't oc even if it's just to see what the chip is capable of.

Soldato
I'm not just saying this to butter up the forum but I genuinely wouldn't buy secondhand hardware other than from the MM. It's just too risky.
I bought a monitor from gumtree but that's different. I was able to go to the guys house and test it etc. As for Hardware I would trust people on here. But then they would typically tell you the overclock they have used and what to expect.

Permabanned
Every CPU from the days of my P1 150mhz has been overclocked. (Managed a massive 166mhz!)
Whilst I realise there are people out there who don't, on a forum like this in surprised how many don't oc even if it's just to see what the chip is capable of.
This. Similar history in overclocking everything in reach for the last 20+ years but I do also agree that many members on here never seem to overclock.

Associate
I too call BS on "never been overclocked" or "never mined on". Truly laughable when someone is selling like 6 identical GPUs :rolleyes:

Most of my systems have been overclocked and have never made any secret of it when selling on kit. In fact most of my old kit got sold on to friends who were keen to take it because they knew it had been overclocked and ran stable at a given speed/voltage.

Associate
the thing is that some people are afraid to overclock or something :>
i have few friends with 7700k and they never overclocked them... they bought them because everybody was saying its a best gaming cpu (when they where buying it) but they don't want to overclock....

One time I overclocked the cpu for one of my friends .. but when i visited him some time later I saw that he removed the overclocked... when I asked him "Why?" he said that he could see the difference between stock and 4.8GHz .... i was like ... :O

so I know for a fact that there are people out there that don't overclock .. and to the same kind of people "never overclocked" means a good thing...
Me personally, I'm looking for a good overclocking cpu or gpu ... when someone says "its never been overclocked" i just don't pay attention to it

Soldato
I have a non overclocked 7700K. I tried it initially to see what it could do and then left it at stock. Never needed to overclocked it to be honest. Unlike the good old days!

I believe the turbo clock on the K chip by default boosts higher than the non K chip (4.2 vs 4.5) so that’s why I got the K variant.

Back
Top Bottom