Ideas for a city break on my own

Associate
Planning to book some time off work during September. Thinking of taking myself away for 3 or 4 days for a city break but looking for inspiration where to go.

I like the idea of going to Edinburgh, but is there enough to do (on my own) for several days? May just do a search on Skyscanner for Gatwick to anywhere cheap and see where I end up....

Any thoughts?

Caporegime
google flights, put in dates and starting airport and leave destination blank.

I did that last week and actually find that I can book a deal with BA (flight and hotel) for roughly the same as separately flying with budget airlines so I went with BA. I found flights and hotel to Lisbon for £300 all in for 5 days in October.

Soldato
Planning to book some time off work during September. Thinking of taking myself away for 3 or 4 days for a city break but looking for inspiration where to go.

I like the idea of going to Edinburgh, but is there enough to do (on my own) for several days? May just do a search on Skyscanner for Gatwick to anywhere cheap and see where I end up....

Any thoughts?

I was in Edinburgh a couple of years ago on my own, albeit on business. However, I had a few days to spare and found plenty to do. Lots of bars, places to eat and sights to see. Overseas; Bruges is a great place for a mini break.

Man of Honour
I was in Edinburgh a couple of years ago on my own, albeit on business. However, I had a few days to spare and found plenty to do. Lots of bars, places to eat and sights to see. Overseas; Bruges is a great place for a mini break.

Spent two nights there awhile back found plenty to interest me for two nights but I felt like I wouldn't have found enough personally to keep my interest much beyond that. But there is plenty to see and do within a short drive of the city as well.

Personally though I get easily bored with any one touristy things that other people can easily spend a whole day on alone.

Back
Top Bottom