Vesa mount for 34UC97

Soldato
Hoping someone can help somewhere!

I bought an LG 34UC97 ultrawide about 2 years ago and it didn't come with the VESA mount in the box. I didn't really notice as I didn't need it.
Apparently you have to ask LG to send you one however having just called them, they have no idea what I'm talking about and are refusing.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get hold of one of these mounts so I can use a VESA stand?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Sooooo, as an update - I waited two weeks and no sign of the bracket. Called back (3rd time now) and it turns out the LG rep I spoke to actually didn't do anything and I had to run through it ALL again.
They have apparently no idea about this bracket in the UK and despite me showing them that it exists on the website, they are essentially saying tough luck as it's not something they know about.

I have no idea if any bracket even exists anymore but currently I have little faith that they've even checked tbh. Any LG reps on here that can help? I've got an LG Oled and this monitor, lets hope neither actually break as I'm not filled with confidence in the CS team! If the bracket is genuinely discontinued/not available then fair enough, I can't expect them to make them forever, however I just don't think all avenues have been explored and they're fobbing me off :(

Soldato
OP
Yea it has to fit into the screw holes where the stand attaches. LG in their infinite wisdom thought this was the way to go, rather than just add a VESA mount to the monitor directly.

Soldato
Yea it has to fit into the screw holes where the stand attaches. LG in their infinite wisdom thought this was the way to go, rather than just add a VESA mount to the monitor directly.

Do you have a picture of it? Can you not buy a plate and screws? They should be a standard thread, you'd just need to find the right ones. I don't see why it wouldn't work in theory.

Soldato
OP
Yea sure:

C1kXD6Q.jpg

If you can advise how I can cobble something together that would be great hah! Getting a blankl 100x100 VESA plate is easy, it's just the locator studs that are the issue - if they're needed I guess?

Soldato
Do you NEED the locator studs? Surely that would be fine without them... it's not something a VESA mount usually has. I can see it would provide a bit of extra support perhaps, but not a vital component I wouldn't imagine.

Soldato
OP
Well I think as it's quite wide you'll get a lot of lateral load? I could just use screws I guess thinking about it. Going to order a VESA plate and drill some holes and see how I get on

Soldato
I've got my X34 mounted in a not dissimilar fashion... screws just going in to a bracket (which attaches to the back of the monitor) that came with the wall mount I bought. There was no plate provided with the monitor.

Associate
Hoping someone can help somewhere!

I bought an LG 34UC97 ultrawide about 2 years ago and it didn't come with the VESA mount in the box. I didn't really notice as I didn't need it.
Apparently you have to ask LG to send you one however having just called them, they have no idea what I'm talking about and are refusing.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get hold of one of these mounts so I can use a VESA stand?

Thanks

Right - so after speaking with 6 different people at LG (probably the worst customer service team I’ve ever experienced) first they told me it never existed, then they told me it did, but only in America, and finally today after speaking to one of their managers I’ve been told they just don’t make it anymore so there’s nothing that can be done...

so back to square one - either a new monitor or some kind of bodge. Any advice?

Soldato
Is it just that square plate you need, the one with two screw holes in the centre and the VESA holes at the corners? If so it doesn't look like it'd be difficult to replicate with a few basic tools.

Associate
I've got the 34UC98 which is pretty much the same bracket setup as the UC97. Here's how I got around the issue:

My Vesa arm is compatible with both 75mm and 100mm mounts so I ordered one of the following plate:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000VBPK8K

It fits perfectly into the stand hole at the back of the monitor (100mm holes). I then attached it to the stand using the 75mm holes. Hope this helps/makes sense. Pic attached below. I guess this only works if your stand has both 10mm and 75mm holes.

xhsSEBI.jpg

Associate
Thanks for the pic. My screen is definitely different to this one.

it has 2 screws only that are places about 20mm apart from each other. The screens held on to the mount by a protruding piece of metal (which takes the load) then secured by the screws.

Ive asked LG for the specs of the part so I can see if a 3D printer could whisk one up for me.
Not holding my breath though

Back
Top Bottom