• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Think I broke my EVGA AIO

Soldato
I purchased a Corsair LL120 RGB fan to fit onto of my EVGA Hybrid cooler for my Titan Xp. Of course the plug is 4 pin on the LL120, the AIO is only a 2 pin sat in a 3 pin plug. In a moment of just wanting to get it to work I popped the pins out of the plug with the intension of wiring up the 2 pins I needed DIY and terminating the ones not needed. I touched the wrong ones together by mistake and got a small spark.
This has resulted in no power coming out of the AIO now to the fan. The GPU works fine as does the VRM fan on the card but when connecting to the external AIO fan the blades just pulse and don't do anything else.
I'm guessing I now need a new AIO and nothing can be done to fix the old one? Just wanting to check before I buy one.

Associate
The Corsair is a PWM fan which means it probably will not work on a two or three pin header. However, it should run at full RPM, which it's not, so it's pretty safe to assume you blew the header up. But really I don't think that's a problem. I would connect it to a spare header on the motherboard and modify the fan profile based on GPU temp. If your motherboard can't do that, Speedfan probably can. If you can't get that to work then you can use something like Corsair Commander Pro. I mean one way or another you will be able to control the FAN without having to spend tons of money. Course you could return it for repairs, but that would probably cost a lot.

Soldato
OP
I've now plugged it in on System Fan 1 on the MB, downloaded the Z370 Gaming 7 Fan speed 5 software and I can control it from the desktop, bit of a ball ache having to crank it up every time I game though.
Will check the warranty on the AIO, I doubt they would find out it was my fault.

Back
Top Bottom