What's this French bug please OcUK?

Soldato
Cockroach. Saw a few in the south of France recently. I think it's the garden variety (or one of) rather than a house version, so they're likely coming in from the outside rather than there being a nest inside.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks all. I had no idea these were roaches. From Google it seems that they could be German roaches...which apparently bite very rarely! Nasty little buggers.

Thankfully the horse fly population hasn't made itself known in any great numbers. It's all about the guepes this year.

Soldato
Thanks all. I had no idea these were roaches. From Google it seems that they could be German roaches...which apparently bite very rarely! Nasty little buggers.

My building in Australia is infested with German cockroaches. This guy looks to be a bit light, but it could be a young one.
They are incredibly difficult to wipe out.

Man of Honour
Worst “im in france and you arent” post ever

Possibly aimed at me, possibly not, if yes, then I’m not in France right now, just wish to Christ that I still was.
Last week I had a couple of days in St. Omer, Pas de Calais, and a day in Seraucourt-Le-Grand, Aisne.
I didn’t want to leave, my wife had to physically drag me toward her car, I was murmuring wistfully, “Escargots, confit de canard, salad Niçoise.”
She was saying, “Shut it you fool, I’ll get a lamb jalfrezi when we get to Bermondsey.”
This just induced more sobbing and self pity.

Soldato
You're better advised to watch out for the Tiger Mosquitoes which can carry Dengue, Chikungunya and Zika.

Tarn-et-Garonne is on red alert, same as us.

https://www.pasteur.fr/en/research-...ghtened-surveillance-france-may-november-2018

I haven't been outside in months. Haven't had a proper meal for weeks.

Send help.

I've just got back from slightly north of where you are and barely saw a single bug apart from crickets. I didn't get bitten once which is a rarity considering over here I seem to be targeted by midges and horseflies. The dog only picked up one tick too and I'm usually pulling loads off him.

Back
Top Bottom