*** Show us your Dogs ***

Associate
thanks she 2 he's 6 months she {Roxy} got me through ptsd and other mental health issues she's been my rock she was the reason I started leaving my house again :) best dog I've ever had don't know what I would have done without her tbh

Soldato
That's great!  :) I think staffs work well as therapy dogs.They are absolutely devoted to the people they love. Mine helped me get out the house more when I became a bit withdrawn.

I bet there's never a dull moment with 2 of them in the home. :D

Associate
That's great!  :) I think staffs work well as therapy dogs.They are absolutely devoted to the people they love. Mine helped me get out the house more when I became a bit withdrawn.

I bet there's never a dull moment with 2 of them in the home. :D
yeah they are amazing dogs and your right never a dull moment :D:D:D:D

Soldato
My retriever is growing so fast I swear every morning he looks bigger.... lol

2i6z8mc.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
My beutiful girl is struggling in this heat. She is getting on (like me), has liver problems which a new diet has done wonders for, is almost deaf (has had selective deafness all her life but can somehow still hear the dentastick packet being opened from across the house!) and has fairly bad cataracts.

s!ArR-VSeBKa2gpnqTW2dCKrRveNR0

She's a 14 yo Irish setter which I have had since she was 10 weeks old - my best mate, great with the kids (much more patience than me). She can hardly get up the stairs but always insists on coming up at bedtime to check the children and lay on the bed for a cuddle, then trots off downstairs to sleep on the sofa. She still enjoys life and has the odd moments of puppy like madness, can smell a sausage from around 5 miles and even though she cant see well, can sweep up the food that the kids drop for her at dinner time quicker than I can see.

If someone can give me a steer to how to post an image that comes up I would be grateful
4qAiJCNFm5zVZcGw9

Soldato
Has anyone had any experience with dog boots? Despite my telling my mum not to take Burt out in the heat, she knows best and decided to take him out for a walk and let him charge around the park in the heat. Now his paws are trashed which is great timing as I'm heading to the Alps with him in a couple weeks. They've healed over now but the new skin will be weaker, so just looking for some boots for him to protect him.

Soldato
So last night we took Yoshi to a puppy social evening at our local vet clinics which they run for pups who just had 1st or 2nd jab as long as they have not been outside following 2nd jab.

We were not sure how many would turn up but 4 did, and well Yoshi was the biggest there by a mile, the other 3 were spaniel, tiny lab, and some curly haired thing, was amazed at how confident Yoshi was, running over to everyone people and puppies included greeting them.

The vets were really good, talking to us, asking how we were getting on, while chaos occured all around, the couple with the spaniel were former GSD owners, so we were talking with them about a lot of things, also RAW feeders so we have arranged some play dates, even after their dog ended up soaked, as Yoshi would have a drink but not swallow it all and well end up licking another pup and transferring the water lol.

But overall there was some yelping from the little pups when Yoshi got a bit too excited, but then also the little pups gave it back to him, and he backed off so was learning.

We managed to borrow a metal cart from our local pet store, so on Saturday I am going to pull the cart into town with Yoshi in it so he can experience some more things, though will be early as it gets really hot in the UK at the moment not as bad as the US, but for us tea drinkers its hot.

No photos of the event, but we did weigh him, and at 10 weeks he is 9.2Kg which I think is pretty good?

Kimbie

Associate
Has anyone had any experience with dog boots? Despite my telling my mum not to take Burt out in the heat, she knows best and decided to take him out for a walk and let him charge around the park in the heat. Now his paws are trashed which is great timing as I'm heading to the Alps with him in a couple weeks. They've healed over now but the new skin will be weaker, so just looking for some boots for him to protect him.
hopefully you can find some thing here.
https://www.k9active.co.uk/dog-boots/

My friend used to use neoprene boots some times on his working dogs, have fun in the alps.

Associate
My beutiful girl is struggling in this heat. She is getting on (like me), has liver problems which a new diet has done wonders for, is almost deaf (has had selective deafness all her life but can somehow still hear the dentastick packet being opened from across the house!) and has fairly bad cataracts.

s!ArR-VSeBKa2gpnqTW2dCKrRveNR0

She's a 14 yo Irish setter which I have had since she was 10 weeks old - my best mate, great with the kids (much more patience than me). She can hardly get up the stairs but always insists on coming up at bedtime to check the children and lay on the bed for a cuddle, then trots off downstairs to sleep on the sofa. She still enjoys life and has the odd moments of puppy like madness, can smell a sausage from around 5 miles and even though she cant see well, can sweep up the food that the kids drop for her at dinner time quicker than I can see.

If someone can give me a steer to how to post an image that comes up I would be grateful
4qAiJCNFm5zVZcGw9

create a imgur account upload the image to there then click on the image, and just paste the bbcode for (message boards and forums) here

Soldato
After my last doggo died, my mother and I went to the Dogs Trust to just have a look and to sign up for the future, and ended up adopting a 4 year old Rotti/Lab cross that day!

SVdWrib.jpg

Lp9kKEx.jpg

Soldato
After my last doggo died, my mother and I went to the Dogs Trust to just have a look and to sign up for the future, and ended up adopting a 4 year old Rotti/Lab cross that day!

SVdWrib.jpg

Lp9kKEx.jpg

How does the dogs trust system work? Other half and I have recently moved to nice big house, albeit the garden isn’t massive and unfortunately isn’t grassed. We are thinking of adopting once we settle in properly, I’d rather give a homeless dog a nice life that probably hasn’t had one that get a puppy.

Soldato
How does the dogs trust system work? Other half and I have recently moved to nice big house, albeit the garden isn’t massive and unfortunately isn’t grassed. We are thinking of adopting once we settle in properly, I’d rather give a homeless dog a nice life that probably hasn’t had one that get a puppy.

It's really good in my opinion. Better than RSPCA. So you have an initial appointment to make sure the dog will be right for you. After this, our dog has some behavioural problems so they done 3 training sessions on a 1:1 to make sure we know what to do. Then there is a pre-adoption talk/presentation which contained useful information. I found out some things I never knew, even though I have had dogs for years.

Then some dogs need a home visit. All they check for is the garden is secure. Ours is missing a fence panel so has wire fence there, they never stopped us adopting. Just advised we keep him on a lead in the garden until it's sorted. During the home visit they even brought him to us and left him on a 1 week trial to make sure he settles in OK. No further checks, just a call to make sure all is well.

Cannot praise them enough to be honest.

Soldato
It's really good in my opinion. Better than RSPCA. So you have an initial appointment to make sure the dog will be right for you. After this, our dog has some behavioural problems so they done 3 training sessions on a 1:1 to make sure we know what to do. Then there is a pre-adoption talk/presentation which contained useful information. I found out some things I never knew, even though I have had dogs for years.

Then some dogs need a home visit. All they check for is the garden is secure. Ours is missing a fence panel so has wire fence there, they never stopped us adopting. Just advised we keep him on a lead in the garden until it's sorted. During the home visit they even brought him to us and left him on a 1 week trial to make sure he settles in OK. No further checks, just a call to make sure all is well.

Cannot praise them enough to be honest.

I noticed you’re in Leicester. Was that Loughborough centre by any chance? As that’s where we will likely be going.

Back
Top Bottom