The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Just made myself and my brother some home made pizza. I'm getting better and better at making the base, but I think my oven isn't hot enough to quite get it as nice as Dominoes etc.

I can't even eat frozen pizza anymore after making my own. Although I am going to start making a big batch of sauce and dough and freezing them in portions in freezer bags, so that I can just quickly knock a pizza up as it does take a while to make it from scratch.

Associate
Just made myself and my brother some home made pizza. I'm getting better and better at making the base, but I think my oven isn't hot enough to quite get it as nice as Dominoes etc.

I can't even eat frozen pizza anymore after making my own. Although I am going to start making a big batch of sauce and dough and freezing them in portions in freezer bags, so that I can just quickly knock a pizza up as it does take a while to make it from scratch.

What recipe you use for your base dough? I tried making a base last week for the first time, came out tasty but the dough was so sticky n impossible to roll had to hand pull into shape.

Soldato
What recipe you use for your base dough? I tried making a base last week for the first time, came out tasty but the dough was so sticky n impossible to roll had to hand pull into shape.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/basic-pizza/

I used this recipe, but halved the amounts and added 2 tablespoons of olive oil as every other recipe I found calls for olive oil. I tried a few other recipes, but this was the first recipe I tried that used semolina and it made a big difference. The semolina is also great for stopping the base sticking to the peel and baking tray.

From what i have read the dough is supposed to be quite sticky. This dough was a little too sticky, so I just kept adding flour until it was kneadable, but still a little on the sticky side.

Back
Top Bottom