Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Don't suppose you know if a JDM Dreamcast will run UK games?

I bought my consoles from Yahoo Japan and have wanted to add a Dreamcast to the collection for a while. They seem much cheaper over there even with the costs of shipping etc.

They’re region locked but there’s a cd you can burn to skip that bit and play from any region

Soldato
20180725_180842.jpg

New additions. Been talked round to giving them a shot :)
First impressions are that technically for a ps1 game it's really impressive. It uses streaming technology to allow for barely any loading and larger more detailed maps. The story set up is surprisingly compelling too

Soldato
Hey guys and gals, is the gamecube component cable still worth much these days??
I could be wrong but I think it's only worth doing for NTSC consoles and NTSC games as pal GC games don't output to 480p (or whatever the good resolution is?)
I could be miles off though ;) I use RGB scart on a CRT and to play on a HD tv I use a Wii with a Wii2HDMI adapter which is essentially the same as component, taps in to that signal but just outputs to HDMI instead of the 5 coloured leads

Associate
Hey guys,

Hope you don't mind me posting this here, but it a relevant theme for this topic, and also from one Stoke-on-Trent gaming pionner to another.

In the latest episode of the Retro Gaming Discussion Show podcast, I chat with Colin Dimond, former co-owner of the famous Console Concepts import console game store, founded in Newcastle-under-Lyme.

We discuss the Japanese launch of the Sega Mega Drive and it's impact on the import scene, as the MD's 30th anniversary draws near. It's a fascinating conversation, and Colin has an abundence of unique and valuable knowledge that is a must listen!

If you enjoy the Mega Drive, or import console gaming in general, you'll find much to like in this episode.

http://retrogamingdailyshow.libsyn.com/226-console-concepts-2

Dkeazv5X0AA6iMV.jpg:large

Associate
Thanks for the share, I have been listening to this podcast for a while and didn't realise you were on these forums!

Awesome! Glad you're a listener. I'm not as active on these forums as I used to be, as I'm not currently with a gaming rig in my collection (not a new one anyways). But that'll likely change in the coming months.

I've been an OcUK customer since before they were OcUK, always good to have to a company like this on your doorstep growing-up :D

Soldato
In the latest episode of the Retro Gaming Discussion Show podcast, I chat with Colin Dimond, former co-owner of the famous Console Concepts import console game store, founded in Newcastle-under-Lyme.

We discuss the Japanese launch of the Sega Mega Drive and it's impact on the import scene, as the MD's 30th anniversary draws near. It's a fascinating conversation, and Colin has an abundence of unique and valuable knowledge that is a must listen!

You have to get this guy back, we need to hear it ALL!

Honestly the first interview you had with Colin was some of the best retro podcasting I've come across. Stories about how it was going down at the time with people waiting in layby's and whatnot were amazing. The fella just doesn't hold back, stories, facts and figures. All the stuff you had no idea about back then and have wondered about for years, all laid bare.

Cheers big time for rattling this one off, golden stuff.

Soldato
Hey guys,

Hope you don't mind me posting this here, but it a relevant theme for this topic, and also from one Stoke-on-Trent gaming pionner to another.

If you enjoy the Mega Drive, or import console gaming in general, you'll find much to like in this episode.

http://retrogamingdailyshow.libsyn.com/226-console-concepts-2

Dkeazv5X0AA6iMV.jpg:large

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Subbed.

Back
Top Bottom